Apply the day you become unemployed
- Some application requirements have only been waived through May 2 and you won't get a check for two to three weeks.
Double-check all of your information
- Simple errors can cause delays!
If you're applying
- Use Internet Explorer or try the new mobile-friendly site
- Check Twitter for any scheduled site maintenance
- If you get an error message, close your browser to clear stored sessions
Be prepared to finish your application in one session
- You'll need your driver’s license or state ID, your social security number, and the contact information, gross earnings, and W-2 from each place of employment in the last 18 months
Stay accessible and log-in often
- You may need to answer additional questions or review important messages from your claim worker
Try to be patient
Still need help?
- Consider applying by mail or by phone instead
- Call 1-800-204-2418, e-mail,or chat with a reemployment agent
- Get the name, direct number, and email address of the person you’re working with in case you get disconnected