Undergrads: It's Time To Reapply For Financial Aid
Deadline: February 1, 2017    
Here's what you need to do to apply for fall 2017/spring 2018 financial aid:
  • To apply for federal  financial aid, file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  • To apply for a Syracuse University Grant, also file the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE.  
  • Check your MySlice Financial Aid To Do List and complete any items listed.  (Syracuse University now conducts federal verification. It is important to check MySlice and see if other documents are needed, besides the FAFSA and PROFILE.) 
Remembrance Scholarship Applications Available
Deadline: January 21
Syracuse University awards thirty-five (35) $5,000 Remembrance Scholarships annually. Students who will graduate in either December 2017 or May 2018 are eligible to apply. Read more about the Remembrance Scholarship.
Searching for Scholarships
Need help searching for scholarships from outside Syracuse University?  
  • Sign up for the listserv and receive scholarship opportunities by email.
  • Check out the extensive online scholarship list.
  • Schedule an appointment with Stephanie Barlow, Assistant Director of External Resources, (using Orange SUccess) for general search guidance.
    Current Scholarship Opportunities:
     Ben Ocean

    Welcome Ben Ocean
     New Financial Aid Counselor
    Ben Ocean is our newest undergraduate Financial Aid Counselor serving students whose last name begins with
     "N through Sh".  You may have met Ben recently on the
     phone or greeting students at the reception desk.
    Ben earned a Bachelor's degree in Sociology from Binghamton University. While there he worked in the University Call Center and Admissions Office. He also worked in compensation and benefits at M & T Bank. Fun fact: Ben was a cheese maker at Beecher's in New York City.

    Welcome Ben!


    Does Aid Eligibility End? 

    • Syracuse University grants and scholarships have time limits--four or five years depending on your program of study. 
    • Other types of  aid (Federal Pell, TEACH, SEOG, Work-Study, Direct and Perkins Loans) have a set number of years of student eligibility.
    • Once all degree requirements are met, federal aid eligibility ends.
    • The Financial Aid Office is required to monitor your academic progress as you work toward your degree to determine continued aid eligibility.
    • Read more about renewing aid and academic progress requirements, or speak with your financial aid counselor today. 
    • Undergraduate students must register for 12 new credits each semester (courses must apply to their degree requirements) to be considered full-time.