We are excited to announce the Minnesota State Fair will be hosting a fine arts exhibition in 2020! Although it can't be the State Fair exhibition you know and love, we are happy to be able to showcase the work of the amazing artists that call Minnesota home.
In order to participate, you will need to complete your registration form and confirm you have read and agree to the updated rules and regulations outlined below by the
new entry deadline of Monday, July 27, at 4:30 p.m.
If you've already submitted your registration, you will need to go back into your account and confirm you have read and agree to the updated rules and regulations.
Here’s what’s changing:
- There will be one phase of adjudication and no in-person jury process. Works accepted from the online jury process will be displayed as there will not be a second in-person phase of the jury process.
- If your piece is accepted, you will be required to deliver it to the fairgrounds. During the delivery process, all government regulations and guidelines for safety will be followed. This includes, but is not limited to, social distancing, wearing a CDC recommended face mask, minimal contact drop off, etc. The new delivery dates are Saturday, Aug. 15 and Sunday, Aug. 16, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The fine arts exhibition will be presented via video recording. A virtual catalog including artwork descriptions, artist information and links to artists' web presence (if given during the online registration process) will be made available. The video and catalog will be shared on the Minnesota State Fair website and social media channels for all fair fans to enjoy.
- The opportunity to sell your selected artwork will be available through the Minnesota State Fair Foundation. Entries do not have to be for sale, but if you choose to sell your piece, it must be sold through the Foundation.
- If your entry is selected for the 2020 exhibition, you will not be able to enter the same piece in 2021.