October 20, 2020
Dear CIM Staff Members,
As Paul wrote earlier, there are 32 days left in the semester and the number one priority is our students and ensuring they can finish strong with their in-person lessons, rehearsals and performances. COVID-19 cases in Ohio are rising and I know many of us are concerned as we go into the colder months. In addition, we have learned of a very small number of active cases among our own staff members. (Please note that you would have been contacted directly already if you could potentially be impacted by those active cases.)
Given these factors, President's Council met this morning and decided that staff must work remotely as much as possible until the semester concludes.
- Reducing the number of people coming and going from the building is an important strategy in risk mitigation for our entire community and we, the staff, already know how to manage remote work well from our experience in the spring and summer.
- If you have not already heard from your department head about this, please be in contact with them to confirm the appropriate arrangements.
- The understanding is that if you can work from home, you should, starting tomorrow (Wednesday).
Three other notes:
- If you scheduled a flu shot for tomorrow, please keep your appointment, and limit your time in the building.
- At this time, building hours remain the same, so if you need to come in to pick up mail or other supplies, or do work that requires you to be in the building, you may.
- For those who pay for parking, those deductions will be suspended for November.
The return to remote work is being taken out of an abundance of caution and in support of our number one priority: our students. Our flexibility helps give students and faculty the ability to work together in the building and to have great end-of-semester performances – a worthy goal! I also want to thank our staff members who play a critical support role for students and faculty in the building as well and take comfort in knowing that reducing our staff footprint in the building supports them in their essential work.
If you have any questions, please be in touch with your department head or manager. We will also leave a few minutes at the end of the 3pm staff meeting for questions.
Senior Director, Artistic and Facilities Operations