The library is extending our services beyond curbside beginning Wednesday, June 24.
At this time, due to on-going necessary updates to the building, we are only able to offer express services in our Meeting Room. The outline of these services is as follows:
Safety and Space Regulations
All who are able must wear a mask when visiting the library, and do their best to maintain 6 feet distance between themselves and others. At this time, when possible, we ask just one person per family/household visit the library at a time.
Space in our meeting room is extremely limited. We will be able to accommodate four (4) visitors Services will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you arrive and the room is at capacity, library staff will take your name and cell phone number, vehicle description, or a note about where you will be waiting for your turn. As space becomes available, a staff member will contact visitors in order of their arrival.
Services will be provided in the library Meeting Room. Visitors should follow the walking path along the front of the library to the room’s side door for these services. There will be signage along the path to direct you. If you anticipate or experience difficulty accessing the room this way, please call the library at (401) 294-3306 to discuss accommodations.
Service Hours and Limitations
Drop-in hours will be held between 10:00 am and 3:30 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Visitors are asked to exit the Meeting Room promptly after receiving their services to allow the library to reach the greatest number of people per day. Available computers will time out after 20 minutes. Extensions can be considered by library staff on a case by case basis as related to demand for service.
- Computer use (up to 20 minutes)
- Notary services
*Note: the library is also able to accommodate mobile printing sent from any location for quick pick up.
for more information on how to send your document(s). If you send a mobile print before arriving to the library, please tell library staff upon arrival you would like to pick up an existing mobile print job, and provide the email address or release code associated with the job. If you need assistance, please call the library at (401) 294-3306.
Updates to Curbside Pick-Up
Curbside pick-up will continue running Monday-Friday 10:00am – 3:30pm alongside these additional services. We would like to reiterate some guidelines and updates to the Curbside Pick-up process:
- Curbside pick-up is available by appointment only. Contact the library to arrange a pick up time before you head to the library.
- Ways to contact the library:
- Call: (401) 294-3306
- Chat with us at www.nklibrary.org
- When placing an item on hold in the online catalog items with an “available” status will not be ready immediately. Please wait for an email or phone call that your item is ready for pick up.
- When your item is ready for pick up, contact the library to set up a pick up appointment.
- You may have up to ten (10) items on hold on your library account at one time. All items placed on hold before the COVID-19 shut down count towards this total. If you receive an error message while attempting to place items on hold, you may already have ten (10) or more items already on hold. Please double check your account before contacting the library for assistance.
- If you have ten (10) or more items on hold, you may still request items that are available at the library, but will need to speak directly to a library staff member.
We are still unable to accept donations at this time. We thank you for thinking of us, but as we are unable to sell any of the previously accepted donations, we do not have the space to store new donations. The Friends of North Kingstown Free Library have also not been in the building to sort through donations since our closing, which adds an additional complication. We will send a notice out when we are able to accept donations once again.