Partnering to Keep You
Healthy and Connected This Summer!
Independent Health and the Independent Health Foundation are excited to work with a variety of community partners to help you get healthy, stay connected and have some fun this summer – at home and across Western New York.
From virtual programs and classes to activities and events, here are just some of the ways we are working to improve your health and well-being:
· Fitness in the Parks – Participate in free exercise classes – either virtually or in person at a park near you – through September 12. For a complete schedule of classes and park locations, visit the Fitness in the Park website.
· Outer Harbor – Explore the land and open water with kayak and bike rentals at Wilkeson Pointe, the 3-mile Independent Health Wellness Trail and the Lakeside Bike Park.
· Buffalo RiverWorks – Beat the summer heat with kayak, hydrobike and paddle board rentals each weekend.
· Reddy Bikeshare – More than 380 GPS- enabled bikes are available for short-term rent to help you commute to work, visit your favorite park or take a leisurely ride through the streets of Buffalo and Niagara Falls.
· Slow Roll Buffalo – Join a guided Virtual Slow Roll every Monday at 6:30 p.m. on Slowrollbuffalo.org
· GObike Buffalo – Get the bike knowledge you want, right from home. GObike is offering virtual education webinars and videos, maps of local rides and contactless service repair appointments.
· Buffalo Museum of Science – Discover science in a whole new way with virtual science fair activities and museum tours.