Dear fellow pilot,
Is it really February already? It's been crazy-busy at Seattle Avionics lately, with the release of FlyQ EFB 3.0 (easily our most-anticipated release ever) and FlyQ Online for PC and Mac. Sign up for the
free Webinar this Tuesday about FlyQ EFB 3.0
and see why it's getting so much attention. Then, in just a few days (Feb 24-25), come to Puyallup, WA and visit us at the annual Northwest Aviation show (
There is a lot in this issue but here are some of the key points:
- FlyQ EFB 3.0, our most-anticipated update ever, was released this past Monday. Full iPhone support, Augmented Reality, Flight Recording / Playback / Export, and more!
- FlyQ Online for PC and Mac officially released. Insanely great weather display that uses a timeline and altitude slider to show expected weather at different times and altitudes. Auto syncs with FlyQ EFB and exports to Garmin panels, ForeFlight, and Dynon!
- Join us this Tuesday (Feb 20) at 4 PM Pacific for a live FlyQ EFB 3.0 / FlyQ Online Webinar. Click to sign up.
- We have two presentations at the NW Aviation show next weekend. See below for times and rooms. And say hello at booth #108.
- We just added approach plates and airport diagrams for Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Nicaragua, Belize, and El Salvador. No additional cost.
- iOS 11.2.5: Cleared for takeoff!
- Ever wanted to build a Mustang in your dining room? SocialFlight's Jeff Simon does.
- Keep up with our Blog for news, new data reminders, updates, specials, etc.
I'm Steve Podradchik, the CEO here. I write the newsletter so
personally if there is something you'd like me to cover next month. And use the "Follow" feature on our
to keep up with daily news, product info, and more.
New FlyQ EFB 3.0
To say that FlyQ EFB 3.0 was
would be quite an understatement. The
full iPhone support
, in particular, was even more eagerly anticipated than someone besides the Patriots winning the Super Bowl (just kidding). FlyQ EFB on the iPhone has all the same features as it does on the iPad except split-screen (due to the smaller screen size).
New FlyQ Online for PC and Mac
Reviewing weather and planning a flight is always easier on a 25 inch screen with a keyboard and mouse rather than an iPad.
Now FlyQ Online, a free web-based app for your PC or Mac, brings weather analysis to a whole new level with our exclusive "4D"
weather that adds a timeline and an altitude slider
so you can see how weather is expected to changer over time and at different altitudes.
FlyQ Online automatically
optimizes your flights
for winds aloft and finds you the least expensive fuel along the way.
Northwest Aviation Show
We love all aviation shows but we really love aviation shows that are close enough to get us home for dinner -- like the Northwest Aviation Conference and Tradeshow in Puyallup, WA. We're in the same booth as last year, #108 where we'll demo the apps, answer whatever questions you have, and, of course, offer show-only discounts.
We're doing two presentations this year:
Saturday, 1 PM, Augmented Reality in the Cockpit. Pioneer Room (B)
Sunday, 10:15 AM, Combing Web-based Flight Planning with iPad Apps. Pioneer Room (B)
Mexico and Central America
If you fly south of the border, we now have you covered with geo-referenced approach plates and airport diagrams for Mexico and most of Central America (Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua). That applies to FlyQ EFB, Dynon, Aspen, Bendix-King, AFS, GRT, etc. Airport diagrams are part of all VFR subscriptions and IFR subscriptions add the approach plates. No additional charge!
iOS 11.2.5: Good to go
Sometimes it feels like testing new versions of iOS is a full-time job. Luckily it's not mine. The folks in the lab have tested FlyQ EFB and FlyQ InSight found no issues with Apple's newest OS.
Building a T-51 Mustang
Starting with this issue, I'd like to highlight interesting adventures in aviation in every newsletter.
if you have some ideas.
Is it just me or does the whole idea of building a replica Mustang with your sons' help --
in your dining room
-- just put a big grin on your face? This is what Jeff Simon, founder and President of
, is doing right now and I'm jealous.