A variety of flood control projects will be underway during the 2021 - 2022 construction season. Below is a sampling of projects coming online soon as part of the City's efforts at building permanent flood control on both sides of the river:
- 1st Avenue SE floodgate
- 2nd Avenue SE floodgate
- Numerous storm sewer improvements downtown
- Continued improvements around Cedar Lake
- Detention basins in the Time Check neighborhood
- Kingston Village storm sewer improvements
- 12th Avenue SE floodgate
- 16th Avenue SW floodgate
- Floodwall around the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library
- and many more!
We also invite you to watch a brief, 35-minute video
that summarizes the entire Flood Control System, and outlines key projects coming up in the next two years.