Remember that children need advocates to be their voice to help them access health care, child abuse prevention services and quality early education!
We want as many Kiwanians as possible to come to Tallahassee for Children’s Week. Come join with our allies, experience all the children’s activities first hand and meet with Your Legislators to Advocate for kids!
Kiwanis is all about kids and our collective futures!
This is the ninth year that the Florida District of Kiwanis and the Florida Kiwanis Foundation have participated as a sponsor of Children’s Week, which is organized by the United Way of Florida. We are the ONLY civic service organization to sponsor the event for so many consecutive years.
Can’t make the Trip to Tallahassee? There is plenty you can do from home!
• Meet with your local Senator and Representative and their staff. Inform them of what you, their constituent, are passionate about.
• Email your legislators and committee chairs about issues you care about.
• Write a Letter to the Editor about the issues you care about.
• Organize a phone bank to call legislators about issues we care about, especially expressing support for quality prevention programs like Healthy Families Florida.
• Invite your legislators to your club meeting, any time of year. Ask them to be a guest speaker, or better yet, ask them to be a member.