The Citrus Heights Police Department (CHPD) continues to monitor regional and national events and how those events affect our Citrus Heights community. Protecting our local businesses remains a top priority.
As CHPD resources and time allow, information will be updated on social media with critical information pertaining to major incidents. As always, the goal of our Citrus Heights Police Department is to maintain community safety and prevent the destruction of property.
We sincerely thank all of our residents and community members for your unwavering support.
Please see the following tips from CHPD to keep your business safe:
- High public visibility around businesses often reduces criminal activity.
- Increase natural surveillance by keeping windows and doors to your business free from anything that would obstruct visibility into the businesses during all hours.
- Landscaping around businesses should be well maintained and trimmed. Low bushes and shrubs should remain under 2’ and trees should have a 6’ clearance from the ground to the lowest hanging branch.
- Is there sufficient lighting? Install tamper-proof lighting which illuminates parking lots, walkways, exits and entrances.
- Any external faucets and electrical outlets should have a lock/lock box.
- Install High Definition (HD) video surveillance and alarm systems.
- Empower employees to report safety concerns and train them in what to do in the event of a crime.
- Do not keep large amounts of currency.
- Stay proactive! Call CHPD to report suspicious activity and crime.