Governor Newsom announced a new tiered system of county COVID-19 monitoring that is based on specific indicators. The revised criteria will determine the various restrictions on activities to reduce the number of COVID-19 cases. Sacramento County is currently in Purple/Tier 1 (widespread), for having a daily case count of more than seven per 100,000 people and positivity rate of more than eight percent.
The following lists reflect Sacramento County's new Public Health Order. Please note that all sectors must still maintain mitigation measures (social distancing, face covering, and sanitation).
In alignment with Tier 1, the following sectors are permitted to open for INDOOR operations with modifications:
Critical infrastructure (learn more)
- Hair salons and barbershops
- All retail (25% maximum capacity)
- Shopping centers (malls, destination centers, swap meets, excluding food courts and common areas) maximum 25% capacity
- Professional sports (without live audiences)
The following sectors are permitted to have OUTDOOR operations in Tier 1, with modifications:
- Personal care services (nail salons, body waxing, estheticians)
- Museums, zoos, aquariums
- Places of worship
- Movie theaters
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Family Entertainment Centers (e.g. bowling alleys, miniature golf, batting cages and arcades)
- Card rooms, satellite wagering