Libraries, Education and Workforce
The data is clear: Indiana is changing in population, demographics and the economy. Presentations at the IPLA Conference and Fall Forum expanded on data we used to develop our Strategic Vision.
Factoids to consider:
* Most counties are losing population and are aging.
* Most counties are losing numbers in the workforce.
* Regional economic hubs continue to thrive
are interdependent with rest of state.
* Indiana needs 1 million workers to fill jobs in the next 10 years.
What is the library role?
* increase literacy
* support educational attainment and retraining in job skills
* provide the "cool factor" in quality of life and supporting community