WHAT IS THE FOLK & TRADITIONAL ARTS PROJECT GRANT PROGRAM?
The Folk & Traditional Arts Project (FTAP) grant program provides emerging to mid-career folk and traditional artists access to opportunities that significantly advance skills in their art form. For this grant opportunity, emerging to mid-career artists are individuals with more than five years of experience in their art forms.
Applicants may request up to $10,000 to cover the costs of a structured learning opportunity in their art form. Proposed projects must demonstrate measurable outcomes that the applicant intends to achieve, which furthers their work in their folk and traditional art form.
Please consult the Special Guidance for additional information and assistance.
FY25 GRANT PERIOD
All activities attributed to this grant program must take place between July 1, 2024 and June 30, 2025. Grant funds must be fully expended and all work completed by the end of the grant period.
WHO MAY APPLY FOR A FY25 FOLK & TRADITIONAL ARTS PROJECT GRANT
All applicants must meet or exceed the following eligibility requirements. If an individual does not meet them, their Notice of Intent to Apply (NOI) form will not move forward to the Application form stage.
An applicant must, at time of the Notice of Intent to Apply form submission, be:
- an emerging to mid-career folk or traditional artist;
- actively engaged in their folk/traditional art form for at least five years;
- able to provide examples of work and engagement with the traditional community of origin for the art form;
- at least 18 years of age;
- a United States citizen, lawfully admitted to the U.S. for permanent residence, and a resident of the state of New Jersey;
- able to maintain New Jersey residency throughout the application/grant cycle and be able to provide proof of residency when requested.
For more information on eligibility requirements for FTAP, please refer to the guidelines.
December 6, 2023 by 12:00 PM EST Noon: Notice of Intent to Apply Deadline
December 22, 2023: Applicants Notified of their NOI Eligibility Status
January 11, 2024: Applications Open for Successful NOI Applicants
February 6, 2024 by 12:00 PM EST Noon: Early Application Deadline (Early submissions will be reviewed by staff and provided the opportunity to be resubmitted by Final Application Deadline.)
February 13, 2024 by 12:00 PM EST Noon: Final Application Deadline
The Arts Council is committed to ensuring its programs are accessible to all people.
For accessibility services related to filing this application, please contact:
Lindsay Dandeo, Accessibility Coordinator | 609-984-7020 (NJ Relay 711)