North Haven PM Dismissal
As you may have noticed, our dismissal has been starting around 2:45. This has been to help alleviate congestion in the parking lot as everyone gets used to the pickup routine. As everyone adjusts and gets better about the procedure we will start pushing dismissal closer and closer to 3 PM. Due to the volume of cars and students, the goal eventually will be to dismiss closer to 2:55 PM. Please continue to arrive at the pace you have been arriving (2:40-3:05 PM). Having cars arrive at these different times allows us to safely deliver children to you. When you arrive, please remember NOT TO BLOCK the exit onto North Haven with your vehicle. Enter at the first driveway closest to Eleanor and proceed into the line. If you end up on the street for a short bit please be sure not to block traffic. Some tips for improving pick up:
1. Park in the middle if you MUST walk up to pick up your child
2. Be patient and do not cut around a vehicle unless instructed to do so
3. Pull out of line or into the center if you wish to set your child up with a snack or talk to the teacher.
4. Avoid stopping in front of doors. Pull all the way to the end of the sidewalk
5. Exercise caution in the lot.
6. DO NOT leave your car in the line and walk up to the door.
7. Display your license plate sign with student name prominently
8. When sending an unfamiliar person to pick up, be sure to tell them to have an ID handy
Thank you for your cooperation!!!