Four-Day Forensic Peer Support Training
For: Certified Peer Recovery Specialist OR Recovery Coaches
This is a four-day training that teaches individuals the role of a Forensic Peer Support Specialist. This program aims to teach individuals how to support people during their involvement in the Criminal Justice System. This is a certificate program for individuals who are already trained and Certified as Recovery Coaches or Recovery Support Specialists looking to enhance their skills further and be able to work with and assist Justice Involved individuals recently.
This training will teach participants to:
- Promote Recovery Principles, including Self-Advocacy.
- Advocate for behavioral healthcare recipients when they cannot advocate for themselves.
- Communicate the positive aspects of Forensic Peer Support.
- Inspire hope through shared life experiences.
- Continue to educate the community about the stigma of persons who have been incarcerated and are returning to our community.
• • • • •
Forensic Peer Support 301 (Peers or Coaches currently certified) FULL 4 DAY
Includes interactive roles, plays, and activities to reassure comprehension of:
Day 1: August 28 • 1 - 5 p.m. PT
Module 1 – Peer Recovery Specialists Review
Module 2 – Forensic Peer Specialist
Module 3 – Understanding Criminal Justice Settings
Day 2: August 29 • 1 - 5 p.m. PT
Module 4 – Making a Case for Forensic Peer Specialists
Module 5 – The Role of the Forensic Peer Working in CJ Settings
Module 6 – The Criminogenic Needs
Day 3: August 30 • 1 - 5 p.m. PT
Module 7 – Re-entry/Transition
Module 8 – Person-Centered Approach
Module 9 – Ethics/Boundaries
Day 4: August 31 • 1 - 5 p.m. PT
Module 10 – Trauma 101
Module 11 – Testimonials of Success
- Evals/Wrap Up
• • • • •