I am sorry that we had to close our doors for one week as the diocese required us to have a Covid-19 Prevention Plan approved. I am pleased to report that it is approved, and we can have in-person Masses at our Parish once again.
- Daily Masses at 8:00 am and 6:30 pm. Monday-Friday begin June 8th.
- Saturday Mass will be held at 8:00 am.
- Sunday Masses beginning on June 14th at 10:30 am and 12:15 pm (Additional weekend Masses will be scheduled as needed.)
- Daily 8:00 am Mass and the 10:30 am Sunday Mass will be live streamed for those not ready to return in-person on Facebook at facebook.com/smdpyl.
- Confessions are on Tuesday evening from 7:15 pm to 8:30 pm and Saturday from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
In addition, Fr. Francis is returning 6/17/20 to celebrate the Wednesday 8:00 am Mass and he will hear Confessions from 7:00 am to Mass time, and following Mass if there are penitents present. He will not be available Wednesday, June 24
. Adoration continues 24/7 in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel.
Anointing of the Sick is being administered and individual Baptisms are available. Funerals and Weddings are being held (with modifications). Please call the Parish Office at 714-970-2771 to request an Anointing of the Sick, Baptism, Funeral or Wedding and someone will return your call.
For us to remain open, we need to follow the approved guidelines below:
- When attending Mass or visiting the Parish campus, please maintain a social distance of 6 feet and wearing a face covering is strongly recommended though not required. Please sit behind a white cross affixed to the pew. Members of the same household need not maintain a social distance.
- Please enter the church through the main doors only and exit through the side doors only. For Communion, please process up to Holy Communion via Aisles 2 and 4, returning to your seat on Aisles 1, 3 & 5. Receipt of Holy Communion on the hand is strongly encouraged, but if you wish to receive on the tongue, please join the presider’s Communion line. Distribution of the Precious Blood is discontinued at this time.
- Please no holding hands at the Our Father or handshakes/hugs at the Sign of Peace at this time.
- The collection baskets will be passed by the Hospitality Ministers only to avoid touching.
- The holy water fonts will remain empty and missals will not be available.
- Please do not gather in the outside Plaza before or following Mass.
The Parish has employed a rigorous cleaning and disinfecting program between liturgies and gatherings for your peace of mind. While you are welcome to bring hand sanitizer, please do not use disinfecting wipes containing alcohol as they may damage the pews.
The Parish Office will remain closed until further notice. For questions, please leave a message at 714-970-2771 and someone will return your call.
It is important to know that the restarting of our sacramental life is only for those of us who are ready to return. If you are sick or have any of the COVID symptoms or feel unsafe in public, please stay home. The Dispensation from the Sunday Mass obligation by Bishop Vann is still in effect. Remember, Mass is live streamed at 8:00 am Monday through Saturday, and 10:30 am each Sunday on Facebook at
. Recordings of homilies and talks are also available on the parish website at
I pray that many of us are ready to return and look forward to celebrating the Sacraments with you in person again. Meanwhile, have faith and be courageous.