Dear Brothers and Sisters of St. Andrew the Apostle,
Holy Communion Services
With the continued suspension of public Masses until Fairfax County enters Phase 1 of the reintegration plan, Bishop Michael Burbidge has granted permission to distribute Holy Communion within the Rite of Distributing Holy Communion Outside of Mass for groups of nine parishioners at a time for each rite. This weekend at St. Andrew the Apostle, we will begin to gather for the Rite of Holy Communion beginning at the following times:
Saturday, May 23 - 5:30 pm
Sunday, May 24 - 7:30 am, 12 noon, 5:00 pm
The Communion Services will start at the scheduled times and continue until the line runs out. Each service lasts approximately 10 minutes. We will hold two services simultaneously, one in the Holy Family Chapel and one service at the main entrance to the church by the traffic circle.
there will be no communion rites between 9:00 am and 12 noon
because of the live-stream Masses.
- Communicants must be prepared to receive Holy Communion and in a state of grace. Confessions at St. Andrew are Tuesday from 11:45am-12:15 pm, Thursday from 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm, and Saturday from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
- No reservation or sign up is required. All who arrive before the lines run out for each scheduled time will be admitted.
- Everyone is expected to wear a mask and bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Those vulnerable to the serious effects of the coronavirus are asked to refrain from participating. Despite all the measures used to protect ourselves and others, there is always the risk of contracting the virus when gathering in public with others. Those who are feeling sick are asked to avoid gathering in public.
- The parking lot by the parish office will be closed to all who are not participating in the Communion Services. The church will be closed for prayer during the services.
- Low Gluten Hosts: If you have the need for a low-gluten host, please contact the parish office by NOON on Friday, May 22 to let us know which session you plan to attend so that a consecrated host will be available.
Arrival at Parish:
- Everyone must enter through the Union Mill Road driveway. The entrance from Compton Road will be for exiting cars only.
- When entering the parking lot, you will be directed where to park for the services.
- Please remain in your cars until you are instructed by a volunteer to gather for the next service. Allow
everyone from the previous service to exit the church before your group enters.
- At all times please maintain the six foot distance between people who are not members of your household.
At the Service and Departure:
- Once in the Church, the congregation will stand at prearranged positions, six feet apart. There will be no sitting or kneeling.
- Remain in your place and the priest will bring Holy Communion to you. Lower your mask before receiving Communion from the priest.
- Congregants may receive in the tongue or in the hand. Those receiving on the hand are asked to disinfect their hands before and after receiving Holy Communion. It is not permitted to receive Holy Communion in the hand while wearing gloves.
- There will receptacles for depositing donations when you exit the church.
- Once the Rite has concluded, please return to your car immediately. The church will not be open for private prayer. Additionally, the public bathrooms will not be accessible.
- Please exit the campus from the Compton Road driveway. Those who attended the service in the Holy Family Chapel will drive around the rectory side of the church to exit the campus. Those who attended service at the main entrance will exit from the playground side of the church. There will be no exit from the Union Mill Road driveway.
We are thankful to Bishop Burbidge for granting us permission to offer Communion Services to St. Andrew's parishioners this weekend. We ask for your continued prayers, patience and consideration for others as we begin this first phase of being reunited in the presence of our Lord.