Topic: "Plant It Well, Enjoy It Forever"
ISA and SAF credits pending
From roots to shoots, research in the area of planting and maintaining trees continues to evolve. Join us to discuss the best practices of planting and maintenance, crafted from 30 years of experience. Learn how to grow trees in any location, park to parking lot.
- Selecting the right type of tree for each site
- New species available
- What not to plant
- Soil preparation
- Planting instructions
- Simple, most effective and important maintenance care
- A special look at correcting compromised root systems at planting time.
Janet Macunovich and Steven Nikkila
- Authors, columnists and professional gardeners
- Former Senior Instructors, Michigan School of Gardening
- Former Instructors, Oakland Community College
Who Should Attend
- Anyone responsible for tree care and management within a community
- City/Community Foresters, Arborists, Consultants
- Municipal Leaders and Staff
- DPW Directors and Staff
- City and Community Planners
- Land Conservancies, Watershed Groups, Conservation