Morning Carpool drop-off begins at
. Sixth grade Safety Patrols will be stationed on the sidewalk from the flagpole to the gym to safely open vehicle doors. Have your passengers ready to exit the vehicle when you have pulled to the sidewalk. Please wait until a Safety Patrol person approaches your stopped vehicle. All students must exit from the right passenger side of the vehicle. Drivers need to remain in their cars. All students will walk on the sidewalk and proceed to the Student Only Entrance. Students may not cross the parking lot from a parked car. An adult must accompany the student at an approved crosswalk. Please refrain from using your vehicle’s trunk to transport book bags. Thank you for your cooperation in the safety of our students.
The morning carpool procedure:
- Carpool drivers enter the SJS property from Peachtree Street. Turn right at the cones.
- Proceed to the next set of orange cones and make a left between island and curb.
- Proceed to the sidewalk and make a left to drive across the front building entrances.
- Proceed to the corner of the building, and turn right to drive down the long side of the School building, past the Student Entrance toward the Gym, following the yellow line and moving up as far as possible along the building before stopping.
- Students exit their vehicles, walk on the sidewalk and enter through the Student Only Entrance.
- Vehicles turn left at the end of the parking lot.
- Proceed to the “Franciscan Way” sign, and make a final right to exit the school property between the Herndon Community Center and the Priests’ Residence onto Ferndale Ave with a left or a right. This is the only a.m. carpool exit.
The dismissal carpool procedure:
- Enter St. Joseph School property at Peachtree Street.
- Proceed to CAR or VAN lane. The first three lanes are for cars. The fourth lane is a pedestrian lane. The fifth and beyond are for vans and SUV’s.
- TURN OFF ENGINE. Please remain in your vehicle.
- Students exit building and proceed to their vehicles. **Vehicles are stopped in the second carpool lanes once the students begin to exit the building.
- Once the students are all in their vehicles, the signal is given to TURN ENGINE ON.
- As directed by a faculty member, first carpool proceeds out of the parking lot via “Franciscan Way” Road.
- Second carpool is directed into vacated CAR lanes.
- Please turn off your engines; students will proceed to their cars when directed.
- Once first carpool has exited the parking lot, second carpool exits.
***Students are not permitted in the second carpool area.***
Parents with younger students: For the safety of our students, please stand
the orange cones and wait for your child(ren). Please remain in your car until 3:14pm to minimize disruption to our students in their classroom.
Students remaining after the third round of cars will be directed to Extended Day and parents will be charged accordingly.
- For the safety of all, the speed limit in the parking lot is 5 M.P.H.
- Cell phone usage while driving is prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed on school grounds