In 1958, Dallastown Area High School relocated from South Charles Street (now Dallastown Elementary) to its current location at 700 New School Lane.
Dallastown Area High School was dedicated on January 2, 1959, to “Progress in Education… Progress through Education…” which brought together the Dallastown Area School System. During this time, the building was a symbol of progress in the community. It provided a way to advance the quality of instruction of these communities so that these communities may reflect the progress that results from better education.
Highlights of this project included a separate Junior High and Senior High area, auditorium, cafeteria, gymnasium, and outdoor athletic fields including the same concrete bleachers that stand today - almost 61 years later.