This week's adventures..
Our only full week of school this month was a great one! Thank you to all of our school families for displaying such an amazing amount of generosity. The number of cans and non-perishables that were delivered to the parish this week was impressive!
Thank you also to our NJHS members for orchestrating the collection, organizing cans and delivering to our parish!
Some of our NJHS students will be participating in the assembly of baskets for Thanksgiving delivery with members from the St. Vincent de Paul Society this weekend.
The school hallways felt slightly empty today, as our third and fourth graders ventured off site for academic excursions! Our third graders traveled to Plimouth to learn about the first Thanksgiving, while our fourth graders headed to Boston for a visit to the Museum of Science. Thank you to all of our parent volunteers who chaperoned these field trips... safety in numbers!
December is right around the corner and with that transition comes many important dates and times for your calendars! Please pay close attention to any and all correspondences sent by both the school and your child(ren)'s teacher to stay informed. A few dates to keep in mind for planning purposes are:
- Monday, December 4th- Feast of St. Francis Xavier- 10am Prayer service and Advent families given to classes;
- Wednesday, December 6th- Feast of St. Nicholas- Students will be asked to bring in gently used toys to donate to Gifts to Give!
- Friday, December 8th- Feast of the Immaculate Conception(Holy Day of Obligation);
- Wednesday, December 20th- Nativity Performance (K-5), 6:30pm
- Thursday, December 21st- Nativity Performance Matinee at noon;
- Friday, December 22nd - Early Dismissal 11:30am
More details regarding all of these events will be forthcoming!
God bless and have a great weekend-