Dear ACE Tennis parents,
We hope that you are all happy and healthy during these challenging times. We have been very happy to see such a great turnout for our weekly Zoom meetings and fitness sessions, and are glad to hear that some of you have been joining our
webinars. We hope that you found all of this interesting and useful.
We are excited to announce that Toronto Tennis City will be re-opening (weather permitting) on June 1st, and that we will be resuming our programmes! We have worked in collaboration with industry professionals across the country to establish safety protocols that will be strictly enforced at the club and during programs and lessons, and we ask that you take the time to carefully read and share with your children these protocols prior to programming recommencing. All coaches will be taking part in safety protocol training before we begin next week.
Please read the safety protocols
to the protocols outlined in this link above,
below are specific directives for Toronto Tennis City:
- Everyone is encouraged to wear a face mask when not on the court.
- Sanitize hands before entering and after leaving the court.
- Open gates to the court using either racquet or foot.
- Gates to the court should be left slightly open after use.
- Each player should bring a container of balls and mark the balls and use your own balls when serving. Return the ball to the server using your racquet or foot.
- Water and seating will not be provided.
- Towels, coffee and drinks will not be available.
- Recommended to bring an umbrella.
- Only players are permitted on club premises, no parents/guardians.
- Access to the clubhouse will be restricted to washroom use only.
- Enter the club through the west side door only.
- Parents should do everything they can to drop off and pick up their children on time.
- Waiver must be signed prior to booking courts.
- No "walk-on" privileges. Competitive Academy players have the option to book courts up to 7 days in advance (must pay for the court), or can book a court up to 2 days in advance (no court fee). All court bookings are to be done through emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your court confirmation will be via email.
With the exception of the Mini Tennis and Little Aces Team, all programmes will resume at their previously scheduled times and players can return to their former schedules. Players have the option to add additional training within their programmes if space is available, and we are offering the following
weekdays from 1:30-3:30pm:
- Futures - Monday
- Champions - Tuesday
- Provincial - Wednesday
- National - Thursday
- International - Friday
The head coaches of each programme will be in touch with you to gauge your interest in participating and update you regarding fees. Once you have confirmed your child's participation in the programme, our administration department will be in touch with you individually to review your account status and the application, if necessary, of fees paid. Each player will need to re-register online so that we know who will be returning. This process includes a new, mandatory waiver that needs to be signed prior to any return.
We will be offering Progressive 2, Progressive 3, and our High School Team programmes for the month of June. The schedule will remain as it was planned, but we will reduce the maximum number of participants to ensure physical distancing.
- Progressive 2 - Saturday and Sunday from 1:30-3:00pm
- Progressive 3 - Saturday and Sunday from 3:00-4:30pm
- High School Team - Saturday and Sunday from 4:30-6:30pm
Unfortunately, we will not be offering our
program in order to ensure that our strict Covid-19 protocols are enforced. Players who would have registered for this program can register for private or semi-private lessons instead. Please contact the coach directly, or if you do not know which coach you would like please contact Isabella Baston (
) and she will help you select a coach.
We will be updating you soon in a separate email about our summer camps and training options, and our finance department will communicate with you at that time regarding your accounts, possible credits, and the application of fees paid to the summer programs.
Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have any questions. We are very much looking forward to seeing everyone back on the courts soon, albeit with physical distancing and all of our other safety measures in place.