Unitarian Universalist Church of Bloomington, Indiana
April 9, 2018
Dear Congregation Members and Friends:
It's about Community! You are a part of it. We are a part of it. We invite you to read this email, watch this cool video about the Unitarian Universalist Church of Bloomington, and
make a commitment of financial support (a "pledge") for the 2018-2019 fiscal year. Together, we can make an important difference in the life our congregation.
If you have already made your pledge--THANK YOU! If you haven't, you we invite you to
click here to pledge now
(Choose "I Want to Make a Pledge Commitment," or make your pledge in person this Saturday, to support our congregation.
As you prepare to pledge, check out this information about our thriving congregation--
We hope that you can join us this Saturday (April 14th) for Community Day--Pledge Day, as we celebrate our congregation as part of this year's stewardship campaign.
We will have several fun events on Saturday,
as well as lots of time to stop by and say hello to ministers, staff, and lay leaders. (There's a mini-marathon on this side of town Saturday morning, so please come to church from the Bypass.)
During last year's Pledge Day--Community Day, we heard some of the following from our community:
HOW DID UUCB CHANGE LIVES IN THE PAST YEAR?
- Been a source of grounding in what matters in these difficult political times.
- Feel part of community.
- Helped environment.
- Guide teens.
- Helped many charitable organizations (e.g., My Sister's Closet, Mother Hubbard's Cupboard, Planned Parenthood).
HOW DO YOU EXPECTANTLY HOPE THAT UUCB WILL CHANGE EVEN MORE LIVES IN THE COMING YEAR?
- Attract & retain new members who will then become involved in all activities of the church. (a huge success of our Connections Coordinator, Ann LeDuc)
- Awareness of our planetary hazard & thee ways we can cope & heal it together (Our Green Grounds Committee keeps rolling with this work!)
- Support long term plans for homeless. (This year, we are recognizing Rev. Forrest Gilmore for his work in this field, and partnering with him more)
- We expand our recognition in the larger community. (Last year, Rev. Mary Ann was one of the Women Who Excel in Bloomington Award Recipients for her leadership!)
HOW CAN WE DO THIS MINISTRY SUSTAINABLY?
- More visibility in community.
- Fair compensation for paid staff.
- Sufficient resources.
- Encouraging & working together for the greater good.
- Supporting each other.
- Self-care--ministers especially.
- Keep a leadership pipeline going & growing.
- Take care of leaders - watch for burn out.
- Naming & celebrating work that is often invisible - expressing & inviting gratitude.
- Paying attention.
- Showing up.
- Caring for each other and ourselves.
- Welcoming new people/outreach.
We are inspired by the many people who work hard to ensure our ministry is alive and vibrant in this community! And, we are committed to ministering with each of you to bring love, justice, peace and healing within our community and to the world.
In love and service,
Reverend Mary Ann Macklin
Reverend Emily Manvel Leite
Reverend Scott McNeill
Make your 2018-19 pledge on Pledge Day April 14, or
by clicking here!
(Choose "I want to make a Pledge Commitment"!)
Seeking the Spirit, Building Community, and Changing the World!
Photos by John Summerlot, John Woodcock, and Orion Day.
Video by Andy Beargie and Ned Joyner.
Video music by Birrrd.