Antagonists challenge even the strongest of leaders; they call for firm and containing engagement that might feel antithetical to pastoral care-giving. These are delicate situations. Managing a bully requires courage, self-control, love and teamwork. Leaders can learn to manage bullying behavior without retaliating or placating the individual whose behavior needs to be contained.
Overview and purpose of time together - Areas we will touch on are
• Bullying as a power issue and its various forms.
• Re-centering toward a position of compassion and empathy that allows the leader to contain difficult behavior with dignity, strength, and grace.
• Best practices around how to confront a bully?
• How to deliver or frame the message?
• Discerning when to confront?