Boating and Personal Watercraft
That Will Keep You Afloat This Summer
Never assume that your homeowners' policy will cover you fully in the operation of a boat or personal watercraft such as a wave runner. You would be wise to purchase a separate policy of insurance for your boating needs. Many of the coverages you have the opportunity to purchase for your watercraft are similar to the auto coverages that are available to you.
- BODILY INJURY LIABILITY COVERAGE - Provides coverage for an accident in which you are alleged to have caused injury to another person while operating your vessel.
- PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY COVERAGE - Offers coverage to protect against claims for property damage you allegedly caused to someone else's vessel while operating your watercraft.
- UNINSURED/UNDERINSURED BOATER COVERAGE - Provides protection to you and your passengers for injuries caused by an uninsured or underinsured boater while you were using your vessel.
- MEDICAL PAYMENTS COVERAGE - This coverage pays for the cost of medical care for injuries occurring as a result of the use of your boat or personal watercraft regardless of fault. This coverage will even cover medical expenses for injuries suffered by you and your passengers while skiing or wakeboarding.
- COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE - Pays for damages to your watercraft due to a loss as a result of incidents like fire, or theft. You will typically have a deductible with this type of coverage. Fault is not a factor with this coverage either.
- COLLISION COVERAGE - This coverage will pay for damages to your watercraft arising from a collision regardless of fault and will likely be subject to a deductible.
You can also buy coverages that will compensate you for personal items or fishing equipment which are lost or damaged during use of your vessel.
Additionally, specific coverage is available for purchase that will protect you against liability for fuel spills, or water sports injuries.
We highly recommend that you speak to a qualified agent who can assist you in purchasing boating coverage that will protect you and your loved ones, as well as provide for your individual needs.
Enjoy your summer, our beautiful beaches, and pristine waterways, and as always be safe out there!
FRIENDS OF THE FIRM RAFFLE
In appreciation for your business and referrals, we are conducting
a Friends of the Firm Raffle
for a chance
2 Night Stay at Frenchy's Oasis Motel Clearwater Beach
AND a $50 gift card, which can be used at any of the 5 Frenchy's restaurants locally
All entries must be received by Thursday, June 21, 2018
and the drawing will be held on Friday, June 22, 2018.
The winner will be notified and can pick up their certificate
at our office during normal business hours! Good luck!
*Reminder: 1 entry per person please
COMMUNITY CHARITY SPOTLIGHT
The SmileFaith Veterans Community Dental Clinic located in New Port Richey
opened January 12, 2018 and cares for the under-served Veterans of Pasco County,
Tampa Bay, and surrounding areas who do not have access to
benefits (about 95% of all Vets). The charitable clinic will also serve to
relieve suffering and inspire hope for disadvantaged residents during scheduled
events. Thank you for supporting SmileFaithand our deserving Veterans!
5400 School Road
New Port Richey, FL 34652
9am-4pm Monday - Friday
For more info:
1 medium red onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3/4 cup thin, bite-size strips zucchini
3/4 cup trimmed fresh pea pods, tips and strings removed
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (12 ounces total), cut into thin bite-size strips
1 cup fresh pineapple cubes
3 tablespoons bottled stir-fry sauce
Fresh pineapple wedge
In a wok or large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry red onion in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and pea pods. Stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Remove mixture from wok.
Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to hot wok. Add chicken. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Return onion mixture to wok. Add pineapple and stir-fry sauce. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until heated through. If desired, serve over brown rice with fresh pineapple wedges.
Send Us Your Favorite Recipe!
We would love for you to share your family's favorite recipe and the history behind it (if you'd like). Is it a dish passed down from an ancestor, or did you make it last year for the first time? A unique dish to your family or a traditional one? Why do you love that recipe and what's the story behind it?
The first five to submit their recipe will receive a $5 Starbucks Gift card!
We'll collect the recipes submitted and feature them in our newsletters so that all of our Friends of the Firm can enjoy them as much as you do.
Law Office of Charles S. Philips, PLC
Phone: (727) 494-2008
Fax: (727) 494-2009