From the Director of Technology
Dear CPS Families,
During these unprecedented and uncertain times, we truly value the safety, health, and needs of our students. In accordance with the recommended CDC health guidelines for schools, Concordia Preparatory School has decided to eliminate the sharing of technology devices on its campus for the 2020-2021 school year. We strongly encourage students to bring a personal device to school on a daily basis. Students may use personal devices with teacher permission and for educational purposes only during the school day. All students will be required to register their devices with the technology department prior to the start of the school year. You will receive more information about personal device registration later in the summer.
Students without a Personal Device
Please fill out the survey below by Friday, July 31, 2020.
CPS will have school-owned Chromebooks available for students who are unable to bring a personal device to school. We will provide a protective case with the school Chromebook. Students can take the device home on a regular basis. Students who use school-owned devices will be fully responsible for the device throughout the duration of the school year, including accidental damage. Accidental damages will incur a $200.00 repair fee per incident. The student and parent will be required to sign a device agreement form prior to the distribution of the device. The student must return the Chromebook at the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
If your child cannot bring a personal device to school for the 2020-2021 school year, please complete the following Google Form as soon as possible to request a school-owned Chromebook:
Personal Device Technical Requirements:
- The device must be a laptop or a tablet with a 7” or larger screen size.
- The device must use a supported operating system that is actively updated by the manufacturer, i.e. Microsoft Windows 10 or Apple iOS 13.
- The device must have a modern, fully-featured web browser; such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari. **The device must be able to specifically run the Google Chrome web browser.
- The device must have fully functional, active anti-virus/anti-malware software (most modern computers have built-in software tools). **Tablets; such as iPads or Chromebooks are excluded from this requirement.
- The device must have a functioning built-in camera.
- A full-sized keyboard is strongly recommended.
We also recommend the student carries the device in a protective case, sleeve, or laptop bag. The school’s Technology Department is not authorized to repair a student’s personal computer.
The CPS technology department recommends the following devices:
- Windows 10 laptop
- Apple MacBook
- Microsoft Surface
- Google Chromebook
- Apple iPad (excluding the mini version)
Please contact Mrs. Amanda Trapani, Director of Technology, if you have any questions or concerns about the new recommended BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) student policy at