We at Humane Society London & Middlesex (HSLM) are aware that the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is a growing concern for many in our region and around the globe. As a public organization we want to share with you the steps that we have taken to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and community.
We are closely monitoring and following the guidance of the Centres for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), to ensure that HSLM is doing our part to keep the public, our staff and our animals safe.
With those recommendations in mind, we will be taking the following steps:
- Increasing frequency of cleaning and sanitizing our public spaces, especially most-touched surfaces like door handles, credit card readers, front desk and adoption card holders. We continue to maintain our diligent cleaning routines within our building and have increased based on public visits to our shelter.
- We have implemented a mandatory hand sanitizing station for everyone entering our shelter to reduce exposure and have hand sanitizing devices available in all important locations.
- We ask the public to please be aware of their own health and to not come into the shelter if they are feeling unwell or have concerns over potential exposure to COVID-19.
- We ask that only those with true intentions of adopting visit the shelter at this time. Our website displays real-time information on what animals are available. To decrease risk, we ask that only those who are seriously considering one of our pets to visit us in the shelter.
- We will be limiting the number of outside and in-shelter events until further notice.
- A number of internal polices for staff and volunteers will be implemented to prevent the shelter from being compromised by COVID-19, including suspending upcoming work-related travel plans and supporting any staff that requires temporary leave due to illness.