December 14, 2020
As we approach the Holiday season, I want to thank our community, our donors and our staff here at HSLM who have persevered through adversity and united together against the many challenges that 2020 has brought us.
Effective Monday December 14, 2020 12:01AM, the City of London in the County of Middlesex has transitioned into a COVID-19 Red Zone. In accordance with this announcement, the following protocol will be in place for operations at Humane Society London & Middlesex:
- All adoptions will be appointment only
- Adoptable animals are displayed on www.hslm.ca/adopt in real-time (if animals do not appear on the website, it means that we do not have that animal available for adoption at this time. We encourage all interested adopters to check the website frequently for updates)
- Potential adopters must complete online adoption applications (applications not completed through the online form will not be processed)
- Applicants are selected on a first received basis and will be called in accordance with the time the application was submitted
- Please do not call HSLM to inquire about the status of your application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by our Adoption Department
- For more information, please visit: www.hslm.ca/adopt
- When possible we are encouraging all donors to utilize our online giving forms, we offer a safe and easy way to give this holiday season. Donate Online Here
- For assistance with online giving or to speak with Donor Relations please call 519-451-0630 x 301
- Product donation can be made online via our Amazon Wishlist (https://www.hslm.ca/help-us/wishlist/). Items purchased through the wish list will be delivered to the shelter. This is a great, safe, contactless option! In person product donations can still be delivered to the shelter during open hours. Donations can be left in Administration Entrance (no appointment required for donation drop-offs)
Monday – Friday: 8AM – 6PM
Saturday – Sunday: 8AM – 4PM
*Administration Closed: Christmas and New Year’s Day*
HSLM staff will maintain cleaning schedules to ensure all surfaces are thoroughly sanitized. We will continue to utilize PPE to protect ourselves, the animals and the community so that we can all do our part to fight COVID-19.
We want to thank all of our supporters who have gone above and beyond this year. Because of you, we have been able to protect and care for over 2,500 vulnerable animals. We provide a safe space during their transition and match them with a new home to give them the second chance they deserve. Without you, none of this would be possible.
As we leave 2020 we look forward to the prospect of a new year and a new era for Humane Society London & Middlesex. We are excited to take the first steps forward in breaking ground at our new shelter and focusing on creating a new home for animals at HSLM. To stay up to date on our New Home, New Hope
please visit www.hslm.ca/newhomenewhope