It has been a while since I reached out to you. It was an extremely busy summer for the team at HSLM.
I am personally excited to attend and invite you to join me at HSLM 120 Anniversary party
"Light Up the Night"
, presented by Lexus of London. "Light Up the Night" will not be your typical gala – the night will include fun charity games, interactive entertainment, sweet & savoury treats and libations all with a cool vibe that tantalizes your senses!
Deadline to purchase tickets is Sunday, October 27th at 9 pm.
I recently began to reflect on the past few months, taking a breath before we head into a busy season for all of us. I would like to share some of the highlights:
- Bark in the Park Festival– a record year in attendance, and funds raised totaled over $78,000.
- The launch of HSLM Animal Protection – expanding our service area to now include the City of London and the Counties of Elgin, Middlesex and Oxford with more officers to better protect animals in our community.
- Hundreds of successful adoption stories though HSLM’s in-shelter “Fall in Love Program”, and at adoption events at many locations in our service area.
- An overwhelming response to our Food Plea in August. Wow!
- Bark & Splash – our 2nd annual fundraiser, beach-style at East Park.
- The heroic rescue by the entire HSLM Animal Protection team and Humane Society London & Middlesex staff of 151 felines. Many are now in their new homes!
As we move forward into the fall season, I think it is important to remind you that
Humane Society London & Middlesex is not funded by the government
. HSLM solely relies on individual and corporate donations. Please take time to review our website to find ways you personally can help.