November 15, 2017
"OLMC Rewind: Reliving the 70s, 80s, 90s", Auction 2017, was amazing and it seemed as if all event-goers had a great time! Delicious made-to-order food, wonderful auction items, amazing decorations, fabulous drinks (including our Specialty Drink), very interesting, decade-relevant outfits, and good music made this auction an evening to remember.
Hats off to Jessica Ham for spearheading this event! Blessings, gratitude and thanks for your hundreds and hundreds of hours of work (and so many of those hours remotely!) to make Auction 2017 so amazing! You are the best!
And to the wonderful helpers who turned Cavanagh Hall, the Small Hall, hallway, rotunda and arcade, and yard into a wonderful experience, thank you so much...
- ... to Robin Gaffney, Natalie Kennedy, Liana Plumpton and Kim Sechler for the hundreds of hours you so generously gave to solicit items for this event. Your time and effort were so appreciated.
- ... to our decorator extraordinaire, Denise Benson and her team (including, but not limited to) - Lisa Chad, Rachel Chetcuti, Lila Gibson and Cory Place - for the fantastic job they did creating a fun and de"light"ful experience. Your talent and creativity is awe-inspiring! Thank you to all who helped prep the decorations and/or set up the gym, halls and arcade.
... to Michelle Qadri for ensuring we all had plenty to eat. As chair of the food trucks and specialty drink, you ran everything perfectly. You are such a gift to our school. The food trucks were fun and added a great new dimension to our Auction.
- ... to the OLMC Men's Club, especially Scott Johnson and Mike Schorr, who did an outstanding job overseeing the bar!
- ... to Quynh Byrer and Kelly Cattaneo for once again coordinating the schedules of all our volunteers. Managing and overseeing this many workers is never easy, and this team did great!
- ... to Mary Denning and her Data Entry Team for the many behind-the scene hours entering data. The catalog and descriptions were fantastic!
- to Eric & Kelly Kenistonfor again overseeing and coordinating the bank. Your time and energy was truly appreciated.
- ... to Christin Lindberg for spearheading the RSVPs.
- ... to Sarah Barty for saying yes, again, to putting together the beautiful basket creations and merchandise displays - so eye-catching! You are amazing!
- ... to Cathy Chin Velasco for the beautiful save the date cards, invitations and catalog design and production. You, too, are amazing and so very creative. Your many, many hours are truly appreciated
- ... to Ashley Gunther for setting up and maintaining a great Auction website. Your talents are truly a blessing!
- ... to Jackie Nunez for spearheading the catalog. It was the perfect size to carry around as bidding took place. Your help with logistics, live auction and all the "behind the scenes" details made the night run smoothly.
- to Kristen Quint for putting together the slide show for the live auction. Your creativity added so much to the evening.
- ... to Shane McLaughlin, Master of Ceremonies. Thank you for keeping the evening running smoothly and for coordinating the "heads or tails" game and the raffle drawing. As a "rookie", you did an amazing job and were so gracious and dedicated to doing an excellent job!
- ... to Gitte Rivera for coordinating the Children's Raffle. The kids so enjoyed this!
- ... to Chandra McLaughlin for the scrumptious desserts.
- ... to Jennifer Zemanek for saying yes once again. The fantastic e-mail blasts kept us all informed.
- ... to Hubert Torres for help with the electrical and setting up all the outdoor lighting.
- ... to Elizabeth Batres who ensured that check-in was smooth and quick and that the details of the evening ran smoothly. Party-goers had a great night.
- ... to Theresa Torgerson and Nori Jabba who solicited sponsorships and advertisements for this event. Great job!
- ... to Amy Conte for coordinating the VIP Sponsor packages.
- ... to Martha Stevenson for organizing and overseeing the Silent Auction Pick-Up. You are a pro!
- ... to Lou de Melo for all his help with the heavy lifting, decorations and clean-up. Much appreciation for helping wherever it was needed. You are the best! Our school is back to "normal" because of all your efforts.
- ... to Elise Dixon for coordinating the clean-up team.This is such an important, and often overlooked, need and is much appreciated. You and your team did an amazing job in a very short time!
- ... to the school personnel - Beth Keelan, Mary McLinden and Aurora Mock for helping as needed to ensure a successful event and in overseeing the disbursement of the items sold during the online post-auction bidding.
- ... and finally, to all the families who supported the auction and graciously completed their volunteer hours.
I am so proud of our community and all we did to make Auction 2017 so very, very successful. I thank God for all of your generous support and for sharing all your time, talent and treasure! The profits look exceptionally strong - $102,500 before expenses. Wow! Wow! Wow! We will post the final profit in the weeks to come.
Blessings and Gratitude,