Greetings Dear Ones,
I hope these summer months are giving you opportunity to relax with friends or family, to enjoy God’s creation, to refresh and renew. My wife and I had a great time with our two children and their respective partners, walking, talking, and spending time together in the lush green hills of England’s Lake District. I’m now taking advantage of the relative quiet of summer to clarify my hopes and goals for the year ahead at St. Columba’s.
We’re a church on a mission to
Live God’s Love
and I’d love to support you as you seek to practice your faith in daily life – among friends, on your own, with your family, at work or play. We’ll host Sunday Forums and Wednesday evening classes to address various topics, we’ll gather in small group Circles for fellowship and prayer, and we’ll be introducing the practices in the Way of Love - turn, learn, pray, worship, bless, go, rest.
I’m writing to ask if there are particular ways I can support you in taking the next step toward a deeper life with Christ. Specifically, I anticipate hosting a variety of conversations through the coming year to address issues uppermost in our hearts and minds. Some possible ideas ~
- A gathering of those who were once at home in the Roman Catholic Church, now seeking Christian community elsewhere – What have I lost? What am I finding and still seeking?
- Practicing faith when my partner or spouse does not believe (or practice faith) as I do.
- How to begin reading the Bible.
- Ways to pray.
- Orthodoxy or orthopraxy: which matters more – what we believe or how we live?
- Teaching my kids about money – saving, earning, giving and sharing it.
What’s uppermost in your heart or mind? What will help you take the next step? Please be in touch.