|Rob Michitsch, associate professor of soil and waste resources at UW-Stevens Point, is one of 10 instructors for the 2019 Midwest Compost School.
Instructors for the 2019 Midwest Compost School include professors in soil science, solid waste and agriculture, a solid waste coordinator for Wisconsin's Department of Natural Resources, the founder and owner of a sustainable-property design firm, commercial compost facility operators, industry consultants and more. You can
read short bios
of each instructor and see other details about this year's school on the
course web pages
We invite you to
today to reserve your spot. Tuition is $575 until June 14; $675 after that date.
Who should attend:
- Operators of small backyard piles to mid- and large-scale facilities
- New or experienced operators
- City administrators and zoning officials
- Landfill managers and operators who process organics
- Compost facility operators
- Organic compost producers
Comments from previous attendees:
Excellent balance to understand the whole gamut of composting, from planning to production to marketing.
Well organized, informative, professional.
Attended to learn about mix and site design but learned a whole lot more.