We've made a encouraging start on implementing our new Economic Growth Strategy and are looking forward to building on this. So, what does the year ahead offer? We will be, amongst other things:
- Starting the 18month trial of Smart Parking in Harrogate Town Centre
- Appointing a partner and rolling out the installation of Wi-Fi services in the district's town centres
- Launching a dedicated Invest in Harrogate website
- Developing a digital and creative business incubator in Harrogate town, to support business growth and innovation
- Constructing a new workspace unit at our Phoenix Business Centre in Ripon
- Adopting a skills plan and championing further and higher education provision in the Harrogate district
Councillor Graham Swift, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Resources, Economic Development and Enterprise, says, "Harrogate Borough Council's Economic Growth Strategy has got off to a very successful start. We have focused resources and made strategic choices that have strengthened our community by growing jobs, increasing investment and improving the partnerships with organisations in the district. We will continue to prioritise our efforts to ensure the Harrogate district remains a great place in which to work, invest in and do business."