DID YOU KNOW?
* That the term "nonprofit" is just a tax status? We are a business, like any other business, that has income, expenses, and a product (helping families in their quest toward self-sufficiency and empowerment!).
* That as we grow it requires more infrastructure to keep up with the number of individuals requesting our assistance?
* That about 50% of our income is secured through in-kind donations of home furnishings from community members?
* That about 50% of our income is cash? This is a little know fact, but we have expenses related to storage, insurance, salaries, truck rental and fuel, and other business related expenses.
* That there are a variety of ways to donate or support Furnishing Dignity? Attend our upcoming event on October 13 (or donate an auction item or become a sponsor), make a cash donation on our website, participate in our 5k run/walk/stroll in December, and start planning for your end-of-year gift or tax credit.
It takes a variety of resources to make an impact like this!