Join the Reimagine Grand Old Day Task Force!
The Grand Avenue Business Association is seeking community members and business representatives to volunteer to help reimagine Grand Old Day for 2023.
We know Grand Old Day is a St Paul tradition and one of the best and largest community festivals in Minnesota and we now have the opportunity to bring this wonderful tradition back to Grand Avenue. We're bringing back the event in 2023 in a way that is supportive of local businesses and residents and in keeping with our organizational values.
The Reimagine Grand Old Day Task Force will meet monthly between October and December; bi-monthly from January to March; and weekly from April through the event. Meeting times are to be determined. Task Force Members are expected to attend all planning meetings (virtually) and volunteer for a sub-committee to help bring the event to life.
The 2023 Task Force will have the opportunity to help GABA reimagine the event in a sustainable way from which to grow.
Our goals are:
- Promote Grand Ave as a world-class destination for shopping, entertainment, and dining
- Prioritize engaging community residents and families
- Be realistic on event size and scope as we rebuild
Grand Old Day is tentatively scheduled for June 4, 2023.
Committee Chair Leadership Roles Include:
Event Manager (Or Co-Managers)*NOTE: This position must be filled by an engaged GABA member)
- Sponsorships/Fundraising (Filled)
- Business. City, and Community Engagement (Filled)
- Entertainment and Booking
- Budget/Finance (Filled)
- Volunteer Recruitment and Management
- Parade and Site Footprint Redesign
- Communications/Marketing (Filled)
- Special Events
- Wristbands/Beverage Operations
- Zone or District Captains (for supporting events at various locations on the Ave.)
If you are interested in joining our Task Force, please send an email to email@example.com with your preferred Committee Role(s) and a brief description of your interest and qualifications. Please inquire by Friday, September 30.
We look forward to bringing back this great tradition in a new and improved format that supports our members and community!
Chris Jensen, Brian Wagner,
Axia Home Loans Coldwell Banker,
President, GABA MGCC Representative