Gould Construction Institute
COVID-19 Update on School Classes and Trainings
We hope this email finds you all well as we begin the road to reopening Massachusetts. Here are a few updates regarding GCI classes and safety practices as we continue to navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic.
Workforce Training Survey
We’d like to hear from you! We are asking you to please take a moment to give us your feedback five question survey. Your responses from this brief survey will help GCI and ABC-MA to offer relevant programs and training classes as we move forward to provide the best quality content for your interests and needs. We appreciate your participation and look forward to serving your needs further!
GCI Remaining School Classes & Make-Up Classes
- The first round of virtual trade classes are well underway and going successfully so far. Our instructors and students have been instrumental in helping this unprecedented process run as smoothly as possible.
- There is a waitlist for those students interested in participating in a second round of virtual trade classes. Please email Allison Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be added to the list.
- Make-Up Class Registration is now available. Please see available make-up class dates available below.
- These make-up classes will be offered at no charge for GCI students.
- All make-up classes are scheduled for times will be 5PM-8PM.
- Deadline to register: Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Electrical Make-Up Classes
Sheet Metal Make-Up Classes
Pipefitting Make-Up Classes
Sprinkler-Fitting Make-Up Classes
License Prep, Career Development Trainings
- In place of class room trainings, the GCI team is working on developing virtual trainings for license prep, Hot Work, and other safety classes.
- Online career development training classes are still available through our partnerships with:
- Penn Foster: Resources can be found HERE.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology: Resources can be found HERE
- ABC is offering construction industry related webinars weekly. More information can be found HERE
- If there is a particular training that you are interested in providing your employees, please contact Diane Craven, Education Director. We will work with our partners to see if we can provide online training program options to help keep your employees engaged and learning while social distancing.
GCI Events Update
- Safety & Education Night, originally to be held on Thursday, May 21, 2020 has been rescheduled and will now merge with the Excellence in Construction Awards on Thursday October 29, 2020. More information will follow from ABC/MA and GCI.
- The deadline to submit ABC STEP Applications has now been extended through September 2020. SUBMIT HERE
- The ABC National Convention and National Craft Championship Competition have been rescheduled to August 17-19, 2020. The convention and competition will still be held in Nashville, TN.
4 Great Upcoming Events at Wentworth
Resiliency in Facility Management: Futureproof Your Career - Webinar
Are you a Facilities Manager interested in learning about best practices in preparing for future crises? Join Wentworth on Wednesday, June 3 from 10am-11am for our free webinar Resiliency in Facility Management: Futureproof Your Career.
As businesses and other organizations get ready to reopen, strategies for preparing their buildings to withstand disasters, from hurricanes to tornadoes, to pandemics and climate change, are front of mind for many facility managers. In this webinar, we will talk with leaders in the field about what they have learned from COVID-19, the challenges they face and the skills they consider vital to facility management in the future.
What You’ll Learn:
• Strategies to improve capacity and accommodate change over time
• Mitigation tactics for dealing with natural and man-made disaster
• The top 5 skills in demand in today’s job market
• Best practices in emerging technologies such as IoT, Smart Buildings, & AI
Wentworth Virtual Graduate Open House
Saturday June 6, 2020 - 10:00am to 11:30am
Wentworth Institute of Technology is hosting a Virtual Graduate Open House for prospective students to learn more about our graduate programs on Saturday, June 6, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. We will have representatives from several academic departments, Admissions, Financial Aid, and Career Services to answer your questions.
Application fee waived for all Open House attendees
Details about joining the Virtual Graduate Open House via Zoom will be communicated to you closer to the event. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 617-989-4000 or
*New for Fall 2020*
Construction Management/Facility Management -
Test Drive Course
IFMA Boston FMForward Summit 2020
Come to visit our booth at IFMA Boston FMForward Summit 2020
Visit the Wentworth booth via Whova event app: