Hello GCVCC Members and Business Community,
We have received notice from the Riverside County Health Department that the County has been approved to advance to the next tier in the Governor's reopening plan. This will take effect as soon as it is announced by the State, which we anticipate "as soon as the formal announcement from the state comes out, which should be around noon."
Some of the industries that will be impacted by this move include:
- Retail advances to 50% capacity.
- Shopping Centers (Malls) advance to 50% capacity.
- Personal care services open indoors with modifications such as mandatory mask wearing.
- Museums and Zoos open indoors with 25% capacity.
- Places of worship may open indoors with Max 25% capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer.
- Movies theaters may open with Max 25% capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer.
- Gyms and Fitness Centers may open indoors with Max 10% capacity.
- Restaurants may open indoors with Max 25% capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer.
For a complete summary of the CA "Red Tier", please click HERE
We know our members may have questions regarding the State's framework and what it means specifically for their business. You may call our office at (760) 347-0676 with questions. if we do not have answers to your specific question, we will work with the County to get answers for you.
While we are obviously pleased that the State has allowed our County to advance tiers and begin the process of reopening our local businesses, we also recognize there is more work to be done. The GCVCC will continue to advocate on behalf of our local businesses for a full and safe reopening of the Coachella Valley economy.
Joshua R. Bonner, IOM
President and CEO
Greater Coachella Valley Chamber of Commerce