Reminder: Georgia March SNAP Distribution:
50% of benefits on March 2nd
50% on regularly scheduled date
There has been some confusion because each state has their own distribution schedule. The state has not yet reached out to the recipients. We will send information you can use for your customers.
GFIA Weekly Legislative Report...... Legislative Days 12-16
- Governor Kemp Introduces Bill to Lower Healthcare Costs
- Which State Regulation Would You Slash?
- House Regulated Industry Committee Hears Details on Three Tier System
- Bill to Require More Online Retailers to Pay Sales Tax Passes Committee
- Why Do We Report on Casinos and Horse Racing Bills?
- Additional Legislative Action for Days 12-16
As the pace at the capitol continues to pick up, the challenge for a lobbyist is how to be in more than one place at a time. Last week, the House Regulated Industries Committee, the Senate Regulated Industries Committee, the House Ways and Means Committee and the House Health and Human Services Committee all met at the same time! Fortunately, the GFIA works with a coalition of industry leaders to cover our issues. The GFIA team of Kathy Kuzava and Sheila Humberstone works closely with the Georgia Association of Convenience stores, Georgia Bev, the Georgia Retail Association, the Georgia Pharmacy Association, the National Federation of Independent Businesses and other business groups to best serve our members.