Dear GFWC Membership,
Ho, Ho, Ho! It is Christmas time in July! Actually, for the Georgia Festival of Trees, the holiday season never ends. Once again, we will collaborate with this organization as their proceeds benefit Wellspring Living which is President Kim Sekulow’s Special Project.
This year there are the multiple ways we can support Wellspring Living and Georgia Festival of Trees:
1. Donate an auction item listed below. Clubs and individuals are encouraged to donate a minimum of one item. Our goal is to donate 50 trees and 30 other auction items.
All items must be registered by completing the following online google form. Click here. This form will collect important data for GFWC Georgia to include number of items donated, clubs and individuals participating, and in-kind monies gathered for Wellspring Living. The following link can be used as a resource to view the Festival of Trees handbooks - https://gafestivaloftrees.org/donor/register/. The documents can also be found at the bottom of this email.
Please notify Tina Neese when you have registered your item via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auction items include the following:
- Large Tree 5’ – 10’ trees – see handbook $50 registration fee
- Small Tree 3 1/2’ – 5’ trees – see handbook $25 registration fee
- Wreath 24” – 40” diameter – see handbook $10 registration fee
- Nativity Scene Variety accepted – see handbook $10 registration fee
- Centerpiece Variety accepted – see handbook $10 registration fee
- Gingerbread Scene Variety accepted – see handbook $10 registration fee
The registration fee is a Festival of Trees regulation. Again, all items must be registered and paid for using the link above or by visiting their website. The Georgia Festival of Trees staff will also be on hand at Institute on Saturday, August 27 from 8:30-4:30 to assist our clubs and members with registration.
GFWC Georgia has approximately 75 Christmas trees to sell at a discounted price at Institute on Saturday from 8:30-4:30.
All completed auction items should be dropped off at the Georgia World Congress Center on November 17 from 12:00 PM to 10:00 PM or November 18 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
If you'd like to bring smaller auction items to include centerpieces, small nativity scenes, wreaths, or gingerbread scenes to Southern Region and given to Tina Neese, she will take those items to the World Congress Center on November 17 for you.
2. CSP Trees! President Kim Sekulow has requested each Community Service Program chair to decorate and donate a tree based on their program. The trees were provided to each of the six CSP chairmen by President Sekulow. Please know that our CSPs may ask club members for items. Please support them in this endeavor. For example, if Education and Libraries were doing a book themed tree, the CSP chairman may ask members to donate children’s books to decorate the tree. As a member, please feel free to donate an item to help the CSP make their tree shine.
3. Volunteer! We have several members in leadership positions again on the Festival of Trees leadership board. Please support their work and volunteer again in Santa’s Workshop and Mistletoe Mall. Volunteers in other areas are highly encouraged as well. Please register yourself at the following website: https://gafestivaloftrees.org/volunteer/. The Festival of Trees team will also assist with volunteer registration at Institute from 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.