Are you having trouble getting more fruit in your diet? An obvious way to add fruit is in a smoothie. Here are a couple more ideas to increase your fruit intake.
- Keep fruits accessible. Have a fruit bowl in sight as a reminder. You can also keep cut-up fruit in your refrigerator.
- Add fruit to your usual dishes. For example, add mandarin oranges to a tossed salad or top your pizza with pineapple.
- Choose fruit as a snack. Apples and oranges travel well and can be eaten on the run. So skip the fast food drive thru.
- Eat fruit for dessert, rather than that piece of cake.
- Use fruit as a topping for pancakes, waffles, cereal, ice cream or yogurt.
There are many different types and forms of fruit that can be incorporated into your diet. Fruits can be fresh, frozen, canned and dried.