GNF Members Update 23 June - Issue 48
At last a statement on 4 July re-opening! This afternoon the PM confirmed the opening date for the wider tourism industry and a reduction in the 2m rule as long as mitigating measures are in place. Key elements of today's announcement are, from 4 July:
- Social distancing will be reduced from 2m to “1m+” provided that mitigated actions are taken to reduce risks
- 2 households of any number of people able to meet at same time either indoors or outdoors
- Restaurants and pubs can open for seated customers only. All customers will have to provide personal details for track and trace purposes
- All forms of guest accommodation can open, including hotels and B&Bs, if accommodation is self contained. Accommodation with shared facilities can open provided that there are appropriate cleaning regimes in place for shared facilities
- Tourism Attractions can open including museums, galleries, theme parks, outdoor gyms and arcades, libraries, social clubs and community centres
- Indoors facilities and venues such as nightclubs, spas, indoor gyms, pools and water parks must remain closed
We will circulate the full details in tomorrow's Members' update, which will include details of VisitEngland's 'We're Good to Go' Industry Standard and guidance which we have been told to expect late today. In the meantime, we include below various member information about our re-opening promotion.
Updated Covid-19 Page on www.thenewforest.co.uk
In line with today's announcement, we have updated our Covid-19 Page on the destination website. We will continue to update this page as more details emerge in our journey towards full re-opening.
Re-opening Video launch
To coincide with the PM’s statement we will start our re-opening campaign with the launch of our “Take a step outside” social media video tomorrow. In tomorrow's update we will circulate the video so that Members can share it online. Members can also have their own bespoke version of the video showing their own property at the end of the 30 second destination video, and Velvet Pictures has produced a proposal for various options.
Book Direct Promotion – New Format
A new format Book Direct Scheme will be at the heart of our re-opening campaign and is highlighted at the end of the "Take a step outside" video and our PR and social media activity. The refreshment of the scheme has two simple mandatory components. A guaranteed 'best price' and free guest use of the Go New Forest Card. A full summary of the scheme and a link to the sign-up form can be found via the link below.
Updating your web page on www.thenewforest.co.uk
Please ensure you keep your product page on the destination website fully up to date with all new arrangements. Please include any details about changes to your terms and conditions to cover your new operational arrangements. If you need reminding of your log in details to edit your webpage please email
and these will be sent to you.
Discover Guide 2020
Order your guides from Places To Go by:
or tel: 01258 860077 -
please include your business details, delivery address and quantities required.
Upcoming GNF Virtual Sector Group Meetings
The following Sector Group Zoom meetings have been scheduled - invitations will be sent to each group with agenda and joining instructions. Please note that due to the constant churn of meetings, we are unable to provide notes of each meeting.
Bed & Breakfast -
Wednesday 24 June at 11am
Wednesday 24 June at 2.30pm
Holiday Parks & Camp Sites -
Thursday 25 June at 11am
Hotels PIR Group -
Wednesday 1 July at 11am
Attractions, Activities & Events
- Tuesday 14 July at 11am
Covid-19 Related Suppliers
We are adding Member recommended suppliers to our rolling list, so please send any of your own recommended suppliers/services that will assist our members in preparing and operating during the re-opening phase to
With best wishes,