GNF Members Update 29 May -
So far today we've received no new Government advice or National Guidance updates. However, New Forest District Council have soft-launched the opening of applications for the long-awaited Discretionary Fund for small businesses.
Business Grant Discretionary Fund Claim
Applications for these grants are open until 17:00 on Friday 12 June 2020, after which you will no longer be able to apply.
Government guidance states applications from the following businesses will be given priority:-
- Bed and Breakfasts that pay council tax rather than business rates
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces, e.g. units in industrial parks, incubators without own business rates assessment
- Small charity properties that would meet the criteria for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief (who have a rateable value of £1 to £15,000 and no other property)
- Regular market traders (must have a permanent structure be registered in the District and be trading 5 days per week)
Once applications from businesses in the above categories have been assessed for the grant, and should there be any funding available, any other applications will be prioritised as follows:-
- Businesses which are linked to the retail/hospitality sector
- Businesses which have been impacted by the cancellation of events
- Businesses that are unable to trade at all and do not have an online presence
- Provision of support for childcare (must be Ofsted registered)
Further details of criteria and how to apply can be found via the link below.
Very best wishes,