Dear Parents and Members of the Class of 2020:
Following last week’s newsletter sharing the outline of our preliminary plans for a Virtual Graduation, some reached out to express interest in working with us to ensure this year’s graduation event is the best it can be for our seniors. We are grateful to have your support.
I would like to invite parents and guardians to participate in a ZOOM Town Hall Meeting on Monday, May 4. In order to host a successful meeting and allow for everyone’s input, we will limit 15 callers per time slot. Meeting times are 3:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
The goals of these ZOOM Town Hall Meetings are to:
- Understand the Federal Guidelines for Reopening America and how this will impact graduation planning;
- Understand how the directives set by the ISBE (Illinois State Board of Education) regarding graduation ceremonies will impact graduation planning;
- Generate additional ideas, beyond those already planned to create a memorable graduation 2020 for our seniors.
Listed below are the plans
in place for and to celebrate the senior class.
Wednesday, May 6 - National Honor Society Induction Ceremony via Zoom
Tuesday, May 12 - Last day of eLearning for Seniors
Wednesday May 13, 9 a.m - 1 p.m. - Chromebook turn-in & locker clean out for SENIORS only*.
Saturday, May 16
- Cap and Gown Distribution, along with all cords and awards, will be hand-delivered to Seniors by a member of the faculty and staff
- Yard signs congratulating seniors
- Commemorative gift from the GP Board of Directors
Thursday, May 21
- Virtual Baccalaureate Mass, YouTube Premiere
- Virtual Graduation Ceremony, via ZOOM
- World Language Induction Ceremony
- International Thespian Society Induction Ceremony
Please RSVP for the Zoom meeting that best fits your schedule as soon as possible via the red SignUp Genius button below. Please note that each ZOOM meeting is being limited to the parents of 15 students in order to allow each individual to ask a question (if desired) and hear the answers to their questions.
If you are unable to participate in the Zoom meetings on Monday, we will make a recording of the meeting available to you for future viewing.
Know that you are in our prayers and that we are grateful for your spirit of resilience during this challenging period.