3-7 NO GRPS busing
Gym pickup for car line kids and GRPS bus riders.
GRCS buses will run as usual.
6 Technology Equipment Sale at GRCHS 12pm-4pm
7 Technology Equipment Sale at GRCHS 7:30am-1pm
7 Chapel 8:25am - All are welcome
7 Last day to claim items from Lost and Found
7 Last day of school (K-4) - Half Day - 12:10 Dismissal
Please note the office will close on Friday, June 7 promptly at 12:30pm so staff
can participate in closing devotions.
The first day of the 2019/20 school year for K-4 is August 19 and is a full day.
Please note there is no GRPS busing that day.
Please inform the office of all absences or late arrivals:
By phone: 616-574-6590. The attendance line is accessible 24/7.
Please report all student absences and late arrivals by 8am.
Inform us of the student's name and reason for absence or late arrival.
School start time
The bell for K-4th graders to come inside rings at 8:07am.
Kids should be in their classrooms at 8:10am.
At 8:10am, kids are tardy and must stop in the office for a tardy slip.
From the Principal
"How many are your works O Lord! In wisdom you made them all: the earth
is filled with your creatures."
Each August the staff here at school eagerly waits for the school year to begin. We meet the children we will shepherd for the year. We meet the parents that will share their children with us. As the year unfolds, we work with children and families. We share good times and bad times. Together, we develop relationships and solve problems. We watch in wonder as children grow in many ways. Now we come to the end of the year. We will not forget each other. You parents still remember your elementary teachers so you know this is true. We will be telling stories about each other years from now. As the year ends, let's think about the words of David above. He could have easily been talking about each and every one of the kids that came to school at Iroquois this year. How many are your works O Lord. In wisdom you made them all: our school is filled with your 'creatures'.
Thank you for sharing your children with us this year. Thank you for taking the time to get to know us and letting us get to know you. Thank you for your support...You have shown it in so many ways. Friday is the last day of the school year. Once again, the school year has passed too quickly. Once again, we are sad to say goodbye. And once again we are thankful for the growth we have seen in each child. We take great joy in the relationships that we have developed and the memories we have. Have a great summer!
I also want to take a moment to tell all of you that I have just been overwhelmed by all the expressions of appreciation you have shared with me this last month. THANK YOU! Retiring is hard and exciting at the same time. The words of Dickens ring true, "It was the best of times. It was the worst of times." The appreciation and celebrations may be focused on me, but they are really a testimony to our wonderful community. When people ask me how I am feeling, I've been sharing a message I recently saw on a sign outside of a Christian school. The message read "Don't be sorry it is over, be thankful it happened." I am thankful it happened and I am thankful it happened with all of you.
IMPORTANT REMINDER for Parents of Preschool and Kindergarten Students in 2019-2020:
Every year the State of Michigan requires that
all preschool and kindergarten students submit written evidence that immunizations are up to date or a copy of a certified waiver. You must submit this by the start of school on August 19, 2019. We appreciate your attention to this matter, as it is our goal to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all of our students. Please contact your building principal with any questions about the GRCS immunization policy. Additional information on the immunization requirements is available at the following links:
Prescription medications in the office
Parents, if you have prescription medications for your child in the office, please pick them up this week. We are not able to store them over the summer so please be sure to pick them up or they will be disposed of properly.
Parents or guardians, not students, must retrieve these medications from the office. If you have any concerns, please call Arrin at 574-6501.
Parents: Please help us end the year on a "Positive" note.
We need to have all outstanding balances cleared so we can close the school year. Check your child's Hot Lunch account and submit a payment for any negative balances.
Lost and Found
Be sure to look over the lost and found tables in the stairwell off the lobby. Any items left after school dismisses on June 7 will be donated to New 2 You.
On behalf of the entire staff, THANK YOU! to the PTO for all of the support you provided this year! The classroom and field trip support, wonderful meals, and everything else are so greatly appreciated!
Thank you to all the parent volunteers that faithfully serve our school in so many ways! We appreciate you and thank you for giving of your time!
Last Home Bulletin
This is the last Home Bulletin for the 2018/2019 school year. Expect a back to school mailing this summer. If you need to stop at the school office over the summer, be sure to call first (616-574-6500) as office hours will be more varied than during the school year. The office will be closed the month of July.
Our food service is a prepay program.
Drop payment off in the school office or
pay online via
We'd love You to Join PTO!
Support our students and staff by joining PTO. It's a great way to get involved and get to know some other parents. Please contact
Rene Sherman at
Registration is Open for the Following Spring and Fall Sports:
Fall Flag Football
Volunteer coaches needed
- August 27- September 28
- 4-5 years and 6-8 years
- 3 games at Eagle's Stadium - Sept. 14, 21, 18 at 2pm
- Tuesday practices at Gainey Field after 5:30pm
- 3 Saturday Games at Eagles Stadium
- Cost: $45 (Tshirt included)
- August 3
Fall Rocket Football - Volunteer coaches needed
- 3rd-6th grade
- August 19-Mid September
- Practice: Mondays 6-7:30pm, Tuesdays 4:30-6pm and Thursdays 6-7pm
- Games: Saturdays at various schools
- Cost: $165 (includes new updated jerseys and 2 day Summer Camp Fee)
Fall 7th/8th Grade Football
- August 19 - Mid October
- 3 Practices during the week
- Games at Eagles Stadium and surrounding schools on Saturdays
- $130 (includes helmet, jersey and pants and 2 day Summer Camp Fee)
Summer Open Play - Football
- 7th/8th Grade
- July 10, 17, 24 & 31
- 1-3pm at Eagles Stadium
- FREE - no need to register
Summer Fee is waived if registered for football leagues by July 26. Football Registration closes on August 6.
GRCS 2019 Summer Sports Camps
Our summer camps offer a great opportunity to improve skills and athleticism in a variety of sports. Grand Rapids Christian offers summer camps to kids 4 years old through high school!
This year's camps include:
- Baseball: ages 7-14 years old
- Boys Basketball: 1st - 10th grade
- Girls Basketball: 1st - 10th grade
- Boys Basketball Skills and Drills: 3rd - 8th grade
- Girls Basketball Skills and Drills: 3rd - 8th grade
- Cross Country: middle school and high school
- Boys Lacrosse: 3rd - 8th grade
- Girls Lacrosse: 3rd - 8th grade
- Boys Soccer: 3rd - 12th grade
- Girls Soccer: 3rd - 12th grade
- Softball: 5th - 8th grade
- Coed Tennis: ages 4 - high school
- Boys Volleyball: 5th - 12th grade
- Girls Volleyball: 5th - 12th grade
New 2 You is looking to fill a couple unique volunteer positions:
- Driver - We have an offsite storage facility that we store clothing and seasonal merchandise and need someone to take our pick-up truck and trailer and shuttle merchandise back and forth a couple times a week. (This should only take an hour a couple times a week) The schedule is flexible but mornings usually work best. Good driving record and the ability to back up the truck and trailer is needed.
- Pick-up and delivery driver - We have an opening on Wednesdays for a driver for our furniture pick up crew. You will drive our pick-up truck and trailer to garages of homes to pick up furniture with 2 or 3 other folks. We offer a fun day with a complimentary lunch with some of the greatest folks you will ever know! Good driving record and the ability to back up the truck and trailer is needed.
Remember New 2 You over the summer!
Shop New 2 You first! Donate your gently used items! Call to schedule pick up of larger items.
Tuesdays: Gift card sales @ RCS from 8:00-10:00am through June 4
Wednesdays:Gift card sales @ GRCES Iroquois Campus from 7:30am-5:00pm through June 5
Rockford Christian School:
OPEN Tuesdays 9-10:00 am on 6/11, 6/18, 6/25, 7/9, 7/23, 8/6
CLOSED 7/2, 7/16, 7/30, 8/13
OPEN Wednesdays 8:00am-3:00pm on 6/12, 6/19, 7/10, 7/24, 8/7
CLOSED 6/26, 7/3, 7/17, 7/31, 8/14
Regular hours resume the week of August 19.
You may also contact us at the TRIP office on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays; hours vary. Phone 574-6030 or email
- We still have some limited-time small denomination cards in stock. Great for teacher gifts, graduates and other special occasions! Additional brands may be special-ordered a week ahead through June 16.
- NEW brands available as physical gift cards! All must be special-ordered a week ahead: REI $25 card, 8% (also available as instant e-cards at ShopWithScrip and Benefit Mobile - both with 8% rebate), Forever 21 $25 card (also available as instant e-card at ShopWithScrip-5% rebate and Benefit Mobile-6% rebate), Southwest $250 card (also available as instant e-card at ShopWithScrip and Benefit Mobile - both with 4% rebate)
- Krispy Kreme is now available to Reload, in addition to $10 physical cards and instant e-cards (both ShopWithScrip and Benefit - 8%)
- Choice Hotels cards are now available to Reload
- Whole Foods has discontinued their participation
Try our secure, convenient mobile shopping options!
- Set up a convenient online shopping account at www.ShopWithScrip.com. Contact the TRIP Office for a user name or enrollment code. MyScripWallet is the mobile-optimized version of ShopWithScrip. Log into MyScripWallet.com with your ShopWithScrip log in information to purchase, redeem and manage your reloadable and electronic cards. (PrestoPay payment account set-up required).
- The Benefit Mobile app has been adding new vendors and offering frequent bonuses. Click here to get your Benefit Mobile app started. (Note that Benefit retailers and rebates differ from those at ShopWithScrip and the TRIP Office).
- Visit the Online Ordering page at eagletrip.org for more details and instructional videos.
Central Office Summer Hours: Grand Rapids Christian Administrative Offices wishes each of our families a safe and enjoyable summer. Use the summer as a time of renewal and refreshment enjoying the beauty of God's creation. Should you need to contact the administrative offices over the summer we will be hard at work getting ready for school year 2019-20. Please make a note that beginning the week of
the offices will be closed on Fridays (June 21, 28, July 5, 12, 19, 26 and
Starting the week of
we will return to our regular schedule of M-F
Have a fabulous summer!
GRCS Most Recent Employment Opportunities:
Rockford Christian School
6060 Belding Road
Rockford, MI 49341
Kindergarten 1.0 FTE
Please send your resume, letter of interest, faith statement, state of Michigan credentials, transcripts, and letters of reference to Mr. Ben Buursma, Principal, Rockford Christian School, at
Application deadline: June 28, 2019
Grand Rapids Christian Middle School
2036 Chesaning Dr SE:
Spanish Immersion Teacher, Secondary Level, Full-Time Position
Grand Rapids Christian Schools seeks applicants for a Spanish Immersion teacher at Grand Rapids Christian Middle School. Anticipated courses to be taught include Bible, Social Studies, and Spanish Language Arts.
Please send your resume, letter of interest, faith statement, state of Michigan credentials, transcripts, and letters of reference to Sara Seth, Assistant Principal, Grand Rapids Christian Middle School, at
Application deadline: June 5, 2019
Science Teacher, Middle School, Part-Time Position
Grand Rapids Christian Schools seeks applicants for a part-time Science teacher at Grand Rapids Christian Middle School.
Please send your resume, letter of interest, faith statement, state of Michigan credentials, transcripts, and letters of reference to Eric Burgess, Principal, Grand Rapids Christian Middle School, at
Application deadline: June 5, 2019
Grand Rapids Christian Elementary School - Iroquois Campus
1050 Iroquois Dr SE:
Preschool Aide, Part-Time positions.
GRCES - Iroquois Campus seeks applicants for part-time preschool aide positions.
8:00 am - 3:00 pm MWF and 8:00 am -1:00 pm MTWThF
Please send your resume, letter of interest, and faith statement, to Mark Krommendyk, Principal, Grand Rapids Christian Elementary School, at
Application deadline: June 14, 2019
Attention all girls who are entering grades 5-12 and who are interested in learning and improving cheerleading skills:
There will be four weeks of summer cheer clinics offered at Grand Rapids Christian High School this summer. Clinics will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays of the last two weeks in June and the last two weeks in July. Questions: Contact Jacquie DeJonge @ 616-949-7516.
Dates are as follows
June 18, 20; June 25 and June 27
July 23, 25; July 30 and August 1
: 10:45 - 12:45 p.m.
: Quest Center
: $40 (Four one-hour gymnastic sessions, one session per week, will be offered @
$10/ each with Randy Owens, gymnastic instructor from For the Kidz Gymnastics.)
Development of cheer skills, jumps, and stunting, gymnastics, and strength and conditioning with Daimond Dixon will be the focus of the clinics.
Technology Equipment Sale
will be held at GRCHS in the All City Gym entry off Plymouth on June 6 from 12:00 - 4:00, and June 7 from 7:30 - 1:00. All devices are sold as is with no support.
Administrative Assistant Needed
LaGrave Ave. Christian Reformed Church, a large church in the downtown Heartside area, has an opening for a
(20-25 hours a week) administrative assistant to join our 12+ staff that supports each other and shares camaraderie. Duties include answering phones, greeting members & visitors, maintaining the church calendar/schedule, database and clerical functions. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, and computer proficiency necessary. Send inquiries of interest or resumes to: LaGrave Ave. CRC, Attn: Ruth Ringnalda, 107 LaGrave, SE; Grand Rapids, MI, 49503 or email to
On Sunday, June 30 at 4:00 PM, Kelloggsville Church (610 52nd Street, Kentwood) will be hosting a pop/folk music concert with
Out of the Dust
, the Nashville-based recording artists Chris and Stephanie Teague. There is no cost and no tickets are required. The concert will last a little over an hour and is recommended for ages 11 and up. Activities and care for children ages 10 and under will also be provided. All are welcome to this uplifting concert which will share the Gospel message of redemption through song and story-telling.
Hanley CRC, located in Grandville, is seeking a part-time high school youth leader starting in the fall of 2019. To request a job description, please contact Cari Wiersema by email:
Please note: Listing of the goods, services, and events here does not constitute the endorsement of the Grand Rapids Christian Schools.
Other GRCS School Home Bulletins
Grand Rapids Christian Elementary School
1050 Iroquois SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Phone: 616.574.6500 Fax: 616.574.6510
Principal - Mark Krommendyk - firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretaries - Arrin-Michelle Brisbane, Laura Szotko