Gold Rush promotes student leadership within our community. We remind students that even young people can bring about meaningful change. We share that small acts of friendship can have a lasting impact on others. Gold Rush has several student clubs that are committed to leadership, including Student Council, Young Rotarians and Garden Club.
We also come together as a school community to support others. Here are a few examples of how Gold Rush students, staff and families have made a difference:
* GRE students collected 4,700 cans for the Parker Task Force in November!
* GRE students donate uneaten, non perishable food daily to the Parker Task Force through our No Waste Food Initiative!
* GRE students spread our No Waste Food Initiative to Cimarron Middle School!
* GRE students formed the first Elementary Rotary Club in the world!
* GRE students collected $1,500 and 86 Kits for Kids! These medical supplies will be sent around the world in March!
* GRE students purchased 178 turkeys for the homeless through the Denver Rescue Mission!
* GRE students bought 2 buddy benches to our playgrounds so all students would have a friends during recess!
Gold Rush also partners with Legend High School to support the Make a Wish Foundation. Last year Gold Ruh students raised over $5,867. We are excited to partner with the high school again February 13 through February 22. This year the Legend Feeder is supporting a sixteen year old girl named Allie who has a serious heart condition. We are supporting her wish to travel to Egypt.
for more information regarding the benefits of the Foundation. I will share additional information about spirit events and opportunities to get involved in future blogs.