Gearing up for your New Year's resolutions to get fit, do more or do less? Don't forget your online life. For most of us, smartphones and computers are the main repository of our favorite photos, our biggest work projects, and of course our greatest sources of entertainment.
With all of 2017 stretching ahead, now's the perfect time to set in place some healthy habits for managing your technology.
1. Sort out your antivirus protection.
2. Use a password manager.
3. Download program updates.
4. Delete unneeded programs and files.
5. Deep clean your computer and smartphone.
6. Do a privacy tune-up.
7. Recycle old electronics and batteries.
8. Create backups.
9. Unplug and tune out every so often.
Here's to a productive and enjoyable 2017!