Join GSSCC's Non-Profit Team from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. this Tuesday, July 10, at SEEC (8905 Fairview Road) and learn how the new "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" will bring changes for exempt organizations. Anne Schrantz and Glenn Shelton of CohnReznick will lead the presentation. This workshop is free for GSSCC members. Click hereto login and register.
YPN Presents "Leading Through Conflict"
Join the Young Professional's Network for a workshop and happy hour from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. this Wednesday, July 11, at
Not Your Average Joe's (8661 Colesville Road). Joe Shaffner,
North Rock Leadership, will present "Leading Through Conflict". Price is $10 for members and $15 for non-members. Click
here to login and register.
. . .at Mi Rancho on Wednesday, July 18
GSSCC will host a members-only networking lunch from noon to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 18, at
Mi Rancho (8701 Ramsey Avenue). Participation is limited to 24 attendees, who each have the opportunity to speak for three minutes about his or her business. $25 includes appetizer and entree. Click
here to register.
* Kefa Cafe (963 Bonifant Street) has a new artist at its community art space. Beginning July 6, multi-media collages by Silver Spring artist Jai D. Marcus will be on display.
* Silver Spring Town Center will host The Art of Resilience from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Monday, July 16, in the Spring Room of the Silver Spring Civic Building (One Veterans Plaza). To RSVP for this free event, email Lisa Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* MCG Golf will host Mid-Summer Night's FLO: Marcus Johnson's Birthday Celebration from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, July 28, at 9701 Sligo Creek Parkway. For more information, click here.
See your company's news here! GSSCC is pleased to highlight news from our member companies in this section of the weekly e-news. Please submit items via email to email@example.com before close of business each Friday. Include a pdf of news releases or other flyers.
Upcoming GSSCC Committee/Group Meetings
* Non-Profit Team Workshop - Tax Cuts and Jobs Act - 9 a.m. on Tuesday, July 10 at SEEC (8905 Fairview Road).
* Young Professional's Network Committee Meeting - 4 p.m. on Thursday, July 19 (postponed by one week)
* Economic Development Committee Meeting - 9 a.m. on Thursday, July 19
About GSSCC Committee/Team Meetings: All GSSCC members are welcome to participate in Chamber committees. Members are welcome to attend committee meetings to assess interest in joining a committee. Meetings are typically held in the GSSCC Conference Room. Advance RSVP is required and priority will be given to existing committee members when speakers are scheduled.
Thank you to our 2017-2018 GSSCC Partners
Corporate Partners - Downtown Silver Spring; Lee Development Group; Montgomery College; Statland & Katz Insurance, Inc.; Washington Adventist Hospital
Business Partners - AFI Silver Theatre; Apex Home Loans; Atlantech Online; Bud Miller Associates, Inc.; Digital Industry; Discovery Communications; EagleBank; Eggspectation; The Fillmore Silver Spring; Lerch, Early & Brewer Chtd.; Linowes and Blocher, LLP; M&T Bank; Revere Bank; The Tower Companies (The Blairs); United Therapeutics Corporation; Washington Property Company.
Partners- Adam Lowe Creative; Bell Flowers; Carlton Creative; EBA Ernest Bland Associates; IBI - Innovative Business Interiors; My Office Products; Signs By Tomorrow.