For its fall community service project, Chamber YPNs will bring Halloween cheer and create Halloween crafts with Aspenwood Senior Living residents. All GSSCC members are welcome to join the event from 3:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. this Wednesday, October 24, at Aspenwood Senior Living (14400 Homecrest Road). Register here.
Start your day by promoting your business. Free for members. Join us for coffee and continental breakfast from 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. next Wednesday, October 31, at Elite Bodies (10111 Colesville Road, Suite 131). Thanks to our sponsor, Behavioral & Educational Solutions, P.C. Click hereto register.
Digital Industry Leads Workshop on Cyber Security at GSSCC Offices
J.C. Casamento and Mark Meszaros of
Digital Industry led the discussion.
AFI Silver Theatre & Cultural Center, poses a security question.
* The Lyttonsville Place Bridge may be closed for construction of The Purple Line, but We're Having a Party's Party Warehouse (8824 Brookville Road) is open to provide all your Halloween holiday needs. Access to the store is available from Brookville Road, or via an access point through Stewart Avenue, connecting Grubb Road to the Brookville Road community.
* AIIM International will offer a free webinar From Legacy to Leverage - Top Strategies to Modernize Your Information Management Systems from 2 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. this Wednesday, October 24. Click here to register.
* One Montgomery Green will host OMG Green Drinks October 2018 (Community Service) from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. this Thursday, October 25, at All Set Restaurant & Bar (8630 Fenton Street. For more information, click here.
* The Silver Spring Zombie walk will kick off at 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 27, at Denizens Brewing Co. (1115 East West Highway) with a DJ, body paint, candy and door prizes. Click here for more information.
* Silver Spring Library needs books to be donated for its Holiday Fest on December 1. Volunteers will be available curbside this Saturday and next Sunday to help unload donated books. Click herefor dates and times.
* Check out Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation's coverage of happenings in Silver Spring in a recent e-newsletter linked here.
See your company's news here! GSSCC is pleased to highlight news from our member companies in this section of the weekly e-news. Please submit items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business each Friday. Include a pdf of news releases or other flyers.
Upcoming Chamber Committee/Group Meetings
* Membership Development Committee Meeting -
9 a.m. on Tuesday, October 23
* Young Professional's Network Committee Meeting - 4 p.m. on Thursday, November 1
About GSSCC Committee/Team Meetings: All GSSCC members are welcome to participate in Chamber committees. Members are welcome to attend committee meetings to assess interest in joining a committee. Meetings are typically held in the GSSCC Conference Room. Advance RSVP is required and priority will be given to existing committee members when speakers are scheduled.
Thank you to our 2018-2019 GSSCC Partners
Corporate Partners - Downtown Silver Spring; Lee Development Group; Montgomery College; Statland & Katz/Joseph W. McCartin Insurance; Washington Adventist Hospital
Business Partners - Andalman & Flynn, AFI Silver Theatre; Apex Home Loans; Atlantech Online; Bud Miller Associates, Inc.; Digital Industry; EagleBank; Eggspectation; The Fillmore Silver Spring; Lerch, Early & Brewer Chtd.; Linowes and Blocher, LLP; M&T Bank; Revere Bank; The Tower Companies (The Blairs); United Therapeutics Corporation; Washington Property Company.
Partners- Adam Lowe Creative; Bell Flowers; Carlton Creative; EBA Ernest Bland Associates; IBI - Innovative Business Interiors; My Office Products; Signs By Tomorrow.