February is American Heart Month - and a great time to update you on GaHIN's participation in the American Heart Association (AHA) Get with the Guidelines
Get With The Guidelines - Heart Failure is an in-hospital program for improving care by promoting consistent adherence to the latest scientific treatment guidelines. Numerous published studies demonstrate the program's success in achieving significant patient outcome improvements. Among the proven results are reductions in 30-day readmissions, a measure now used by CMS in determining CMS reimbursement rates.
In addition to helping ensure full reimbursement, Get With The Guidelines - Heart Failure supports hospitals in a variety of ways, including:
- Access to the most up-to-date research and scientific publications
- Professional education opportunities, such as workshops and webinars
- Clinical tools and resources
- Patient education resources
- QI field staff support
- A competitive advantage in the healthcare marketplace
- National and local recognition for hospital team program achievement
- CMS data submission
- Performance feedback reporting for continuous quality improvement
GaHIN is currently working with Grady and WellStar in a pilot project where the health systems will use GaHIN for data submission to the AHA Get With the Guidelines program. Both data submission and feedback reporting are performed using the AHA's Patient Management Tool
™ (PMT), an online, interactive system provided by IQVIA.