The 2018 Gabe Zimmerman Triple Crown Update:
With 948 registrants in the Triple Crown, you've raised $9,480 for the
Thank you for all of your support for Gabe, the Zimmerman family, BEYOND and our great Tucson community.
NEXT UP: TMC Tucson 10k & 5k, Sunday, September 16 at Pima Community College, West Campus
We already have sent a
, but here are some GZTC things to know . . .
If you're doing TMC Tucson 10k event in person:
- Each 10k or 5k finisher will receive the race medal and race shirt
- You can get your TMC Tucson 10k tank top at packet pickup on Saturday, September 15 at The Running Ship (3055 North Campbell Ave) from 10-1 or at the race on Sunday morning, September 16
- Finish the race and snag your medallion at the finish line.
If you live in the area but will be doing the TMC Tucson 10k Virtually:
- Not around on Sunday? Then do a 10k or 5k sometime this week.
- Then post a photo of your run on social media -- tag @RUNTUCSON and @RunSAR - or you can email us a photo if you don't have Instagram or Facebook.
- After September 20th, visit The Running Shop at 3055 North Campbell Avenue during their regular business hours to pick up your race tank and medal.
- Please remember that we cannot guarantee the perfect shirt size.
If you live out of town and are doing the Tucson 10K Virtually:
- Do a 10K or 5K by the end of this week. Then post a photo of your run on social media -- tag @RUNTUCSON and @RunSAR - or you can email us a photo if you don't have Instagram or Facebook.
- We'll mail TMC Tucson 10k tanks and medals next week.
Virtual Registrants who have not yet received their TMC Meet Me Downtown shirt or medal:
- Please take a moment and email us again, with some version of this note: "Hey, I never got my Run Tucson shirt or medal. My size is XYZ. My accurate current mailing address is THIS ADDRESS."
If you live in or near Tucson but have not yet received your TMC Meet Me Downtown shirt and medal:
- Please go to The Running Shop at 3055 North Campbell and say something like, "Hey, I never got my Run Tucson shirt -- may I have the size that is the best fit for me?" Even if we no longer have the perfect size, The Running Shop staff will be nice to you . . .
- We received a new shipment of TMC Meet Me Downtown medals, so the medallions are at The Running Shop
We lean heavily on Sharon Bart, the owner of The Running Shop, and Lucas, Geoff and the whole gang down there. Not only do they provide gift certificates as part of age-group awards, but they've become the brick-and-mortar home for our shirts and medals. Please spend millions of dollars on shoes and shorts and gear from them . . . :)
This race is the second leg of the Gabe Zimmerman Triple Crown and will benefit both the
and the Southern Arizona Roadrunners. You know about SAR, but here's what you might not know about BEYOND:
Founded in reaction to the mass shooting of January 11, 2011, BEYOND's "mission is to promote the use of good science and rational analysis to improve individual and community health."
BEYOND is fulfilling its mission by building on four pillars of mental and physical health:
EXPLORE: Getting outdoors and spending time in nature;
MOVE: Engaging in regular physical activity;
NOURISH: Eating healthy foods; and
CONNECT: Connecting with one another as a community.
Along with its partners, BEYOND provides year-round opportunities for the public to participate in a series of healthy activities and to learn more about the scientific research that shows why these four pillars are critical for optimal physical and mental health.